Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Editors Discussion
Page: «32/36»
  Go to:
Liam Dawe May 12, 2014
The dark theme is now only available to editors and GOL Premium users.
HadBabits May 14, 2014
So, there's an issue I've been meaning to bring up for a while but keep forgetting (or conversely something I've brought up but forgot about). The mobile site has a page selector at the last article, which is great, but at the same time it automatically loads more articles if nothing is selected within a few seconds, which kind of makes checking on the latest comments and forum posts difficult when they suddenly get pushed down the page by more articles.
Liam Dawe May 14, 2014
You can actually turn off the infinite scrolling in your UserCP, but still it would be nice if there's was a better solution of which I don't have one right now.
Liam Dawe May 14, 2014
Small update: When an article is sent for review, it will send you to the review page rather than the admin home as it was bugging me.
muntdefems May 15, 2014
The Admin CP-related alerts are behaving strangely as of late. E.g. right now I've got 2 alerts related to the Admin CP, but when I'm in it I can only see one (an Admin post awaiting review). Is there something wrong with a counter, perhaps?
Liam Dawe May 15, 2014
It's a very elusive bug, one I've been trying to track down for MONTHS.

Whenever an admin does something that should remove a notification (approve article, delete spam report etc) it's supposed to remove one, but it doesn't.
Liam Dawe May 19, 2014
I will be putting up a ton of revamped admin area code to do with articles today folks. Let me know if anything breaks.

I will also be replacing the auto-filter on swear words with a simple message telling people to be people, but it won't stop people clicking Post a second time and having it go through as some didn't like the auto-censoring.
Liam Dawe May 20, 2014
New code is up including ability to save drafts in the admin area. A lot of backend code was changed during this so if there are any issues i need to know about them.

I am also putting up more new code tonight that completely changes how tagline images are handled, so keep an eye out for breakage for me.
Liam Dawe May 25, 2014
Something to ask, should I remove the capitalisation on article titles? How do you guys feel about it?
Hamish May 25, 2014
I say keep it, as it least keeps things standard.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.