Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Editors Discussion
Page: «33/36»
  Go to:
Hamish May 25, 2014
By the way, I can like my own posts. :S:
Liam Dawe May 25, 2014
Quoting: HamishBy the way, I can like my own posts. :S
"Feature not a Bug" :P
Liam Dawe Jun 1, 2014
A ton of new code is up, tagline images on articles now upload using ajax, but aren't saved until you add/edit the article.

This allows you to preview how it will look on the home-page directly in the article.

Any problems let me know.
Liam Dawe Jun 3, 2014
Adjusted tagline images to be 85kb max not 65kb to make it easier. Also reduced size requirement to be at least 550 width instead of 600.
Liam Dawe Jun 13, 2014
Just rolled out a fix for the ajax tagline image uploader, it shouldn't turn png's black anymore when it makes the thumbnail for the home-page.
Liam Dawe Oct 3, 2014
Just added a clickable link to the full-sized uploaded tagline image to all article pages where it might be needed. Useful if you need to grab a copy for anything.

Any weirdness then let me know.
Liam Dawe Oct 3, 2014
The "Publish Now" button has been added back to the add article page for editors, it now also appears on the create draft/edit draft pages too.

Any weirdness let me know ASAP.

It seems to work fine on my local dev environment, so hopefully it's okay.

As always keep a backup of articles in case of new bugs when writing them, never write fresh in the browser!
Liam Dawe Dec 19, 2014
If you have feedback for the new design please leave it here editors.
muntdefems Dec 19, 2014
A couple of things forum-related:

1) Everybody seems to be tagged as an Editor here in the forums

2) Underneath the Editor tag, just before the Steam, Desura, Twitter, Website, etc. identifiers (i.e. to their left), there's a small circle that has the same functionality than the "Quote" button at the top right corner of every message. As it's redundant and so small, I guess it shouldn't be there. :P

3) Also, what are those weird ellipsoids that appear on the left hand side of some nicknames? I thought that they may be only visible with the dark theme, which brings me to my other two issues:

4) I'm trying to chance my preferred theme but I can't. All I get is a "Server not found" error in usercp.php

5) As I told you a couple of days ago, the sales page looks terrible with the dark theme. I mean, almost nausea-inducing terrible. There's way too much contrast between alternate rows. Any way to soften it a bit?
muntdefems Dec 19, 2014
Also, speaking of the Quote button at the top right corner, only this one and the "Link to this post" one have pop-up tooltips to explain what they do. The other 3 buttons (Edit post, Delete post, and Report reply) don't, and they could use some brief explanation.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.