Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Wanting to try out Manjaro
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
psychoamericana Dec 19, 2014
Well, cutting edge is awesome for some things, not for my daily working environment though. I still want Wayland / Mir someday but I have an unfortunate feeling it'll be a while until I can upgrade to that over x11 due to stability reasons. Meh...
Cimeryd Dec 21, 2014
Quoting: psychoamericanaI still want Wayland / Mir someday but I have an unfortunate feeling it'll be a while until I can upgrade to that over x11 due to stability reasons. Meh...
My bet is one year until Wayland is solid. It's included in Fedora 21 right now as an optional boot, should be default by Fedora 22 in half a year. That's when the bug reports will REALLY start flowing in and stuff will get fixed for real. At the start of 2016 I'm betting Wayland will replace X11 on many distros.
oldrocker99 Dec 21, 2014
I gave it a shot; there's a lot to like, but I still prefer Debian and its many, many forks.
wolfyrion Dec 22, 2014
Quoting: oldrocker99I gave it a shot; there's a lot to like, but I still prefer Debian and its many, many forks.

I am exactly the opposite :o
Used a lot of distros especially debian based , it seems that are not working the way I want it to work.

Arch or Manjaro is the kind of flavor I like , bleeding edge and up to date driver or software :)

Manjaro is working exactly the way I want from an OS.
oldrocker99 Dec 22, 2014
Quoting: wolfyrion
Quoting: oldrocker99I gave it a shot; there's a lot to like, but I still prefer Debian and its many, many forks.

I am exactly the opposite :o
Used a lot of distros especially debian based , it seems that are not working the way I want it to work.

Arch or Manjaro is the kind of flavor I like , bleeding edge and up to date driver or software :)

Manjaro is working exactly the way I want from an OS.

That's the "freedom" part of "free software." We have flavors to try and like, or not, and we can pick which desktop we want, and so much more.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.