Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Linux equivalent of Raptr?
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
Cyba.Cowboy Dec 15, 2014
Does anyone know if there a native equivalent of "Raptr" for Linux-based operating systems (Open Source or proprietary)?
Deformal Dec 15, 2014
For what reason?
Hamish Dec 15, 2014
If you are looking to capture gameplay footage, you can use SimpleScreenRecorder:
http://www.maartenbaert.be/simplescreenrecorder

I doubt there is a full suite that provides all that Raptr provides though.
Cyba.Cowboy Dec 16, 2014
Quoting: DeformalFor what reason?

I want something that is going to track my gaming usage, and share that with others via a dedicated, gaming-focused social network and/or Google+/Twitter...
Xpander Dec 16, 2014
xfire via help of pidgin and gfire plugin
have been using it for 7 years on linux now... only thing is that you have to manually add the game you want it tracks.
Cyba.Cowboy Dec 17, 2014
Quoting: HamishIf you are looking to capture gameplay footage, you can use SimpleScreenRecorder:
http://www.maartenbaert.be/simplescreenrecorder

Actually, I've been keeping an eye on Open Broadcaster Software - Twitch and others speak pretty highly of it, plus there is a (native) version for Linux-based operating systems "coming soon"...

Quoting: Xpanderxfire via help of pidgin and gfire plugin

But Xfire isn't native... Unless I'm mistaken, it's only for Microsoft Windows-based operating systems.

I'm looking for something native... If such a thing even exists.
Hamish Dec 17, 2014
Pidgin is a native application that can take in many protocols, such as Xfire when using the gfire plugin.
Cyba.Cowboy Dec 17, 2014
Quoting: HamishPidgin is a native application that can take in many protocols, such as Xfire when using the gfire plugin.

I realize that - I've been using Pidgin on and off for years, even as far back as the GAIM days... But I was after a "complete" solution, which seemingly doesn't exist at this time.

I would have thought that with SteamOS just around the corner, someone would already be working on such a solution... But apparently not.
Xpander Dec 17, 2014
yeah there is no complete solution on linux.
gfire is the best you can get: tracks gamehours and gameservers.
no ingame chat, video broadcasting or similar
Cyba.Cowboy Dec 17, 2014
Quoting: Xpanderyeah there is no complete solution on linux.

Damn.

Perhaps this will change once SteamOS is officially available...

Quoting: Xpanderno... video broadcasting

Well that's coming...
Xpander Dec 17, 2014
Quoting: Cyba.CowboyWell that's coming...

it already works.. but i meant you cant get them all in same package :)
i dont really mind.. gfire is enough for me to keep track of my gamehours that are outside of steam and to be able to chat with friends (i have 2 monitors so i dont really need ingame chat anyway)

obs works but has some small issues for me atm so im still using simplescreenrecorder for the time being.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.