Help on Gaming on a basic laptop for travel with linux
Henrryparth Dec 24, 2018
I'm quite a newbie on Linux, I've used it for a long time but never dug under the hood. So now I have this laptop that I switched to Linux (Fedora 29 Workstation - http://movieseriesworld.com/ I know most of people doesn't like fedora, but I feel comfortable with since I never dug into linux as I said), the laptop in question is an HP with those specs:

Intel i7 - 5500U (2 cores 4 thread at 2.6ghz if I'm right)

8gbs ddr4 ram

Ati Radeon R5 M330 2gbs gpu

When it had windows on it, it was running games in an acceptable way, not good, not decent, acceptable.

Now with linux gaming is almost impossible. But as far as I can guess it's not linux fault, I didn't installed any driver for the video card I just trusted that the distro would have done it for me.
tuxintuxedo Dec 24, 2018
I don' know much about Fedora, but first I would like to ask you to show us the lspci command and glxinfo|grep OpenGL command. You only need the parts about VGA from the former.
When you talk about gaming, what did you try?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.