Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
New Desktop Screenshot Thread
Page: «8/72»
  Go to:
Cimeryd Nov 25, 2014
At long last, I have a distro I'm very pleased with. I had an idea that I wanted something with an easy installer, with a DE you operate like it's still the 90s, it should work with my UEFI system and WiFi card with little mucking about (between the two of them, this excluded half the distros I've tried), have a bunch of software available, and be non-free (I like it when codecs just work, when flash just works, I'm just not that much of an idealist). Name the distro, I've written it off for some reason.

Finally, I'm left with Korora. Think of it as Linux Mint for Fedora, with easier access to the non-free stuff and more apps installed by default. I've landed on Mate for a DE. Hopefully this will be my home for a long time to come.

Xpander Dec 3, 2014
i switched to Cinnamon (for testing if its stable for my needs)
so far so good... about day used, no crashes or glitches noticed.
will see if i really swich away from MATE

**dropbox links gone**

EDIT:

ok back on MATE desktop. Cinnamon had still issues, memleak was one. after 1 day running the mem usage kept claiming and claiming, everything became slower and slower..
another issue was Window Manager, it sometimes captured my keyaboard so that i didnt even get out of the games with workspace switching like im used under MATE.

so yeah.. still not my thing.. its just fancy looking but productivity wise its not there yet for me.

My good ol MATE desktop with compton :)
**dropbox links gone**
Hamish Dec 4, 2014
So for December I just have the same generic winter wallpaper on both screens:

I have also shed some of the game icons on my desktop, and as you can see Desurium is currently not working for me, which hopefully should not be too much of an issue if Bad Juju Games are able to deliver on some of their loftier promises.
Rayiner Dec 10, 2014

First post over here, heya!
StianTheDark Dec 13, 2014
Not too much interesting on my programmer desktop.

Just a royal mess :D
I aplogize for using Linux Mint when I specified Debian, I mostly use Debian but I'm waiting for KDE 5 and Debian 8.
Hamish Dec 13, 2014
Quoting: StianTheDarkI aplogize for using Linux Mint when I specified Debian, I mostly use Debian but I'm waiting for KDE 5 and Debian 8.

This is alright, we are hardly going to hold you to it. ;)
Quoting: HamishThis is alright, we are hardly going to hold you to it. ;)

FYI, I have fortified my house. Don't even think about it!
Hamish Jan 6, 2015
So I am a little late in posting this month as I had to wait on the arrival of my new VGA to DisplayPort adapter so that I could hook up my second head to my recently acquired Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 graphics card.

Seeing as it is now the fabled year of 2015 I figured some Evangelion wallpapers would be appropriate. The opportunity to have Gendo glaring at me from my second monitor might also get me back into the habit of turning the screen on again after having gone without it for the past three weeks.
Xpander Jan 7, 2015
not much of a change here..except desktop is full of icons again (have to clean it up)

**dropbox links gone**
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.