Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Editors Discussion
Page: «35/36»
  Go to:
Liam Dawe Dec 24, 2014
Fixed previewing a submitted article wiping the selected category list.
flesk Dec 24, 2014
I forgot to mention it, but the last time I submitted an article for review I got a public preview link that only contained a placeholder for the article ID. It was after the redesign was rolled out.
StianTheDark Dec 27, 2014
Hey!

I've been doing some articles for GOL in the past, and I dont know how good they are. I'm pretty happy with my latest one, so happy that I feel like I would do a good job as an editor!

The best thing about this site is the community. Its just about the only Linux gaming community there is.

I'm horrible at this, so I'll just stop it there before I make it even worse. If you have anything I should improve on before I continue, I'd be happy to listen!

Regards, Stian
Liam Dawe Dec 28, 2014
Thanks for the offer, but we generally give it out to people when we feel they contribute enough (and to a certain standard), and not just when someone asks.

Hope that makes sense.
Liam Dawe Dec 28, 2014
Some food for thought:
On submitted articles make sure you add in apostrophes, don't swear (I tried it recently, and people didn't like it).

The less grammar errors we have to correct (especially me, as mine's bad enough), the more likely we are to offer editor status.
StianTheDark Dec 28, 2014
It was by no means meant as a "request", more as a "I'm in if you want me" :D Thanks! Hope I prove worthy eventually.
Hamish Dec 31, 2014
Going back to bug reports, I notice that the distribution icons do not have any contrast with the black border they are displayed on when viewing a user's profile page.
EKRboi Dec 31, 2014
Minor "bug report" for the new layout. I use the dark theme and I just went to copy/paste something and the highlight color matches the background so you can't really tell what is highlighted. New layout has been working great otherwise! Keep up the good work!
Liam Dawe Jan 1, 2015
Fixed admin review articles missing the article id in the preview url.

Gave distro icons their own place on profiles.

Gave dark theme a new highlight colour.

All current reported issues solved I think.
Liam Dawe Jan 22, 2015
Added in new email options.

If you have emails turned on for article replies you can select in your UserCP to get all replies (the old and originally the only way), and now also select to get only the first reply until your visit and/or comment again. That second option is what most other forum software and website comments sections have.

So, you can now keep up with comments by email if you wish without being spammed every single new comment. Unless you want that behaviour (some people like getting all comments).

Will look to add it to the forum too.

I know a lot of people kept asking for it, and if people have any other minor, but needed features like it let me know ASAP. Making a crack out GOL's long todo list atm.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.