Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Portal (wine) graphical errors
Rustybolts Dec 19, 2010
Well portal runs and appears to run very nice unfortunately the graphics errors I'm getting will stop me from playing this game. Portal is available as a free download on Steam, if you want to try it out.

To get it to work i changed the launch properties of the game.
-window -novid -dxlevel 80 -width 1024 -height 768

[ATTACH=full]14[/ATTACH]
Rustybolts Feb 24, 2011
Wine and the above game runs much better now i have a new laptop no graphical errors, text when computer speaks is garbled thats about all that is wrong.
Liam Dawe Feb 24, 2011
That will be the nvidia graphics at work as intel suck :)
Hamish Feb 24, 2011
Heh, give Intel some credit, they are actually putting quite a bit of work into improving their Linux drivers. Still does not change the limited hardware specs though. ;)
Rustybolts Feb 25, 2011
Your right Hamish the drivers on my old laptop were pretty good for the intel, It however was a cheaper card which was not meant for gaming, so on that regard it surprised me on a daily basis
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.