Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Postal3
Page: «3/3
  Go to:
Hamish Jul 10, 2012
So I bought the new Linux builds for Postal and Postal 2 off Desura while they were on sale. I am quite happy with the quality of the new build compared to the one I was previously playing, as a lot of little things such as level load times are working better and the music in certain locales (mall, club, police station, etc) are now working. I am currently working on getting some of the mods working with it.

I am also enjoying playing the original Postal more than I thought I would, though it is a bit irritating that it is hardset to be 640x480 and as such messes with my desktop icons (though that is as much Xfce's fault as the games).

At any rate, while RWS has basically backed away from the Kickstarter idea, they are still interested in doing a "reimagining" of the original Postal with more modern technology. I am currently pushing for them to use Unity for it now that it is finally getting Linux support and since they are also very intereted in porting the game over to mobile devices. So things may be looking a little more up when it comes to that.

And a little more has come out about the Postal III debacle, or as they are calling it now, the "Russian Postal spin off" out of frustration:
http://runningwithscissors.com/main/index.php?topic=292.0
Hamish Aug 26, 2012
QuotePOSTAL III has been removed from our store

RWS has decided to STOP selling POSTAL III from our store. We believe it’s in the best interest of the Postal Community. We encourage newcomers to try POSTAL FUDGEPACK a far superior product for a lot less money than what P3 is selling for on other sites. We welcome all fans, old and new to continue to support our hard core efforts by purchasing cool RWS merchandise, thanks.

Postal Fudge Pack: Our first pack of every game we ever created (not including Postal III which was made by Vodka swilling Russians, not us!) Give the gift of FUDGE to your friends or buy it foryourself and experience POSTAL Classic and Uncut, POSTAL 2 Share the Pain, POSTAL 2 Apocalypse Weekend, Eternal Damnation AND MORE!!

http://www.runningwithscissors.com/main/

Ladies and gentleman, it has just been disowned...
Liam Dawe Aug 30, 2012
So if you buy from desura the versions are better than the ones they sell directly or what?
Hamish Aug 30, 2012
The Linux builds are updated on Desura yes - the Fudge Pack and 10th Anniversary Edition include older builds. However, if you do have an older copy of the game for Linux, they have actually gave Desura keys out (they even tried to send me one, but I had already bought the Desura versions myself). Not sure what their full policy on this is though.

Still, one downside at the moment is I am having a bit of trouble with some of the mods. I got Eternal Damnation working fine by just grabbing the Fudge Pack version which I had already applied a patch to. However, I am still having trouble getting A Week in Paradise working acceptably.

EDIT: Well, I have just gotten it to work. :D
MaximB Sep 2, 2012
I remember sending them a photo of my hard cover 10th anniversary package I bought from them + my forum username, and got a free Desura Postal2.
But the Desura Postal2 is not complete, so I don't know why should I use it instead of the older Postal2 package ...I mean, if it's working...why fix it ?
Hamish Sep 2, 2012
Because it has updated Linux builds? I at least was having some problems with the old ones, so I appreciate the new ones. Still, you are right, if it is working for you than yes, you do not need it.

I have now got ED and AWP working perfectly. Still working on AVPC though.

EDIT: Something to look into for you Steam fans:
http://runningwithscissors.com/main/index.php?topic=644.0
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93000640%22
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.