Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
OilRush pre-order now open.
tweakedenigma Mar 2, 2011
Just found out the Pre-Order is open and I believe this will give you access to Beta Versions of the game.

https://store.unigine.com/products/category/oilrush/
Rustybolts Mar 3, 2011
Sorry Tweak never saw your post before, I wrote up the news after seeing their twitter post.
Anyways its good news isn't it? I'm looking forward to getting my grubby mits on this one.
tweakedenigma Mar 3, 2011
No doubt. Looks like a great game, and will be one of the things I point out when people say there are no good Linux games :D
Liam Dawe Mar 3, 2011
The english grammar in the game to describe the units amuses me.

The text in the tutorials info box can be a little hard to read, why do people think games text has to have effects and lines all over the back of it...still seems alright though, solid at least 30FPS for me and my AMD 5770 isn't exactly a top end card so i'm happy with that.
Hamish Mar 4, 2011
As long as the grammar is actually correct and understandable, that could actually be a selling point. It can shake your own conceptions to see someone else use your language, especially when it causes them to use words which are proper English but are not used by the mainstream any more. It could make the campaigns story a little more interesting. But hey, my opinion could be warped by the fact I am one of the few people my own age who knows how a Semicolon works.

The game should run fine on your setup, they even claim that it can run on my Radeon HD 3650, although I assume that is with the details cranked down. I would love to spring for a 1 Gig card at some point, but at the moment I think getting a Terabyte drive would be more important, since that would help me with my older games as well rather than just my new. I like having as many of them installed at one point as possible.
Liam Dawe Mar 4, 2011
I don't mean using older words, i mean sentances that don't make any sense heh, i can't remember the quote but it made me go "wtf".

I plan to get nvidias new 560 either this or next month ^_^
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.