Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Dirk Dashing v1.2.1 released for Linux
MyGameCompany Jul 4, 2011
I just released Dirk Dashing: Secret Agent! v1.2.1 for Linux!

This is a minor bug fix release that addresses issues that some customers found over the past few months when running the game on 64-bit distributions. These problems occurred on both AMD and Intel 64-bit machines, running Fedora 13 and OpenSUSE 11.4.

Changes in this updated version include:

Fixed floating point round-off errors when running on some 64-bit machines, which prevented Dirk and other characters from moving back and forth along ledges, and kept you from pushing crates off the edge of ledges
      Fixed slippery floors in Chapters 3-1, 3-6, and 4-4 to prevent Dirk from "teleporting" to the other end of the ledge when sliding off the edge

You can download the updated trial version from here:
http://www.mygamecompany.com/Products/DirkDashing/linux_download.htm

Note: you do not need to uninstall any previous versions before installing this file. You can just install this over top of your existing installation, and it will automatically update the relevant files.

Customers have already been e-mailed with instructions for downloading the updated levels in Part 2 of the game.
MyGameCompany Jul 25, 2011
Someone just reported that v1.2.1 didn't work when they installed it on Fedora 15 x86_64. They said it seg faulted for them, and it seemed to be missing a library: libcommon.so. I'm away on vacation, so I can't troubleshoot this. But I've had several Linux sales since I released v1.2.1, so I had assumed everything worked.

Can someone download v1.2.1 and do a fresh install and confirm whether or not it runs? Thanks!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.