Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Roccat in North America
Hamish Sep 5, 2011
Phoronix posted a new article today about Roccat, a hardware manufacturer based in Germany that specializes in gaming peripherals, pushing to get some of their new keyboard device drivers into the Linux kernel. Unlike other manufacturers such as Logitech, Roccat actually actively supports their products on Linux. Not only that, but instead of depending on blobs they have gone the clear and pure way of having all their Linux drivers and utilities fully free software. :cool:

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=OTg3NA

Because of this, I have been looking for a good North American supplier, even though at the moment I am more than happy using a standard mouse and keyboard. Unfortunately, for the longest time the only way to purchase one of these devices appeared to be through a reseller importing them from the United Kingdom. But recently, the service where I purchase my graphics hardware from, NCIX, is now selling Roccat devices!

http://www.ncix.ca/search/?categoryid=0&q=Roccat

And based on the price these are not imports. So if I wanted to spring for a new keyboard or mouse, I could actually get one with more advanced functionality and actually expect it to work on Linux. Though at the moment if I were to get a new peice of dedicated gaming hardware, it would be a gamepad so I could play co-op with my Humble FrozenByte Bundle games, in which case a Logitech would do fine. :)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.