"Steel Storm 2" vs. "Tomes of Mephistopheles" survey
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
Alex V.Sharp Mar 12, 2012
There is a lot of talk these days about the upcoming titles by Kot-in-Action, a lot of praise, doubt, speculations, and uproar. The underlying question however is "Why?"

[CENTER][/CENTER]
Now both "Steel Storm 2" and "Tomes of Mephistopheles" have potential to become extremely good games, but until they're finished all one can do is support and wait. The developers really do want to make them the best titles they can be, but it's a fact that somewhere along the road some features will always get cut - that's the way the ball rolls. Not all that is planned is possible. What will happen depends on the restrains Indies have to bear with in terms of resources, manpower, community and advertising.

In accord with Alex (no, the other Alex :P) I've set up this poll to do a bit of research. We would like the players to tell us which of these two games they are more excited about, which they pre-order and, more importantly, explain why. If you're willing, write a short paragraph explaining which of these two games you find more appealing and your expectations.

And for those paranoid folks, both games will be finished in due time. Please do try to be professional... :rolleyes:
mseidl Mar 12, 2012
But is really early in the alpha to see, but TOM looks good. I have already purchased the alpha.
Xpander Mar 12, 2012
ToM for me.
didnt really like the Steel Storm that much.. just not my type of game.
Hamish Mar 12, 2012
I voted for Steel Storm 2 mostly because I grew up playing Doom and Quake and have fond memories of the genre.

Not meant as a slight against ToM, which for the moment actually seems to be a lot more ambitious and could even have more potential.

But I do like a good shooter. ;)
motorsep Mar 12, 2012
Just to make it clear, Steel Storm 2 is not a top-down arcade :) It's an old school first-person shooter, tribute to Doom and Quake.

EDIT: You guys should make the poll visible on the front page. I found it by accident.
Xpander Mar 12, 2012
in that case steel storm quite interesting also.
but still i prefer ToM. just like some RPG elements and random world generation thingy :P
motorsep Mar 12, 2012
People complain that registration is required to vote. It's sort of not right :)
Alex V.Sharp Mar 12, 2012
I've contacted the admin to see what can be done about that. :oops:
Meanwhile they can login using Facebook... if they have one, that is...

As for the front-page, it is visible at the bottom. Other than that, I've sent you the link via Twitter.
meklu Mar 12, 2012
For some inexplicable reason I'm more excited about SS2. This may be due to the fact that it's the one I've pre-ordered already though, or perhaps it's because there haven't been too many good FPSs in awhile.
ToM looks like a nice little project and combining first person action with dungeon crawling is indeed quite an interesting combo. (What ToM could use more is space. You can never go wrong with SPACE SKELETONS getting beaten to death with FIERY SPACE SWORDCERY! SPAAACE!!!)
Perhaps I'm just bad at dungeon crawlers or am too much of a non-hipster to be more excited about ToM, but in the end, both look really nice and I wish motorsep all the best in this quest to make awesome games.
AtomicGaryBusey Mar 13, 2012
I'm more amped up about ToM. I haven't had a really good RPG fantasy dungeon crawler in ages. I love the way the engine feels and the way the game looks and plays. I played like 100 hours of Skyrim in a row and got pretty burned out... this was such a breath of fresh air. Can't wait for it! SS2 also looks good, but not nearly as much as ToM. ToM just plain old appeals to me more. Maybe that'll change when I get a working alpha build of SS2. ;)
CzarnyNalesnik Mar 15, 2012
I vote for Steel Storm! I played in all parts which has been released and is it the best indie game for me.

But Tomes of Mephistopheles looks nice, maybe I will buy in this half-year.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.