Humble Bundle Stats & Analysis
Cheeseness Apr 4, 2012
Hey guys

Some of you may recall the Humble Visualisations page I put together last year, which aggregates statistics from all Humble Bundles and calculates additional stats and charts based on those.

A couple of weeks ago, I finished writing an article that attempts to explain what those numbers and graphs might indicate. As well as charts from the Humble Visualisations, I've put together a number of other bits and pieces for the article, including a timeline showing changes in release frequency, charts showing core vs bonus titles per bundle and open source releases per bundle.

In addition to my own thoughts, I've also gathered some quotes and anecdotes from top Humble Bundle contributors including Notch (from Mojang - who make Minecraft), Garry Newman (from Facepunch Studios - who make Garry's Mod), TPJeff (of Team Phobic - who make Dragon Vale and other iOS games), ExpiredPopsicle (from Cryptic Studios - who make City of Heroes and other MMOs), NimbleDave (from NimbleBit - who make iOS games games), Mt.Gox (a Bitcoin site whose CEO is excited about indie games) and tantepose (a technology journalist with DinSide.no).

http://cheesetalks.twolofbees.com/

Hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!
whizse Apr 4, 2012
Wow, that's awesome! I haven't had time to read the whole thing yet, but this is great, you've clearly put a whole lot of work into this.

Can you post in the news forum so it shows up on the front page? If not maybe Liam can move this post if you're okay with that?
Cheeseness Apr 5, 2012
I don't have privileges to post in the news forum, but I'm happy for it to be moved :)
Cheeseness Apr 17, 2012
For anybody who stumbles across this, the article has been updated to include additional quotes from a top Humble Bundle contributor and also adds a couple more charts and tables, covering "separate price" values for games in the bundles, the impact of bundle frequency on total revenue, and some extra thoughts on what the Linux averages might mean (which has generated some interesting feedback).
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.