Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Sumerian Blood (A game that may be ported to Linux soon)
PompiPompi Apr 17, 2012
Hello everyone,
My name is Ofer and I am a game developer from Israel.
I didn't notice any "introduce yourself" thread, so I will do it here.
I am working on a game called "Sumerian Blood: Gilgamesh Against the Gods"
Here is a video demonstrating playing PC against Android:
[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdr5rsFicsk](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdr5rsFicsk)

I have written a framework which makes it easy for me to port the game to almost any platform that supports native C++. I was considering porting my game to Linux as well.
Well, actually I will probably do it anyway, but I wanted to ask if I could get support by porting to linux? Supporting by either helping me playtest the game, or by donations to crowd funding.
I was considering doing crowd funding with 8 bit funding.
Money is an issue because I have become really tight on my budget. So I thought either selling alphas or Crowd Funding. The game is in a very advanced state.

More about the game: the game is inspired by Archon(a 1981 commdor game). It is set in bronze age Mesopotamia, and has creatures from Sumerian mythology. Basically it's a game with some sort of a chess board, but instead of units automatically eliminating other units, once two units step on the same cell a battle area opens and the units duel to the death.
Unlike Archon, each unit has it's own unique ability.

So, got any advice? Do you think I can make money out of selling alphas? Crowd funding?

Thank you for your time.
Liam Dawe Apr 21, 2012
Hello and welcome!

Desura's alpha funding sounds exactly like what you are looking for in regards to paid alphas so check them out.

As for testers im sure anyone here would love to help.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.