Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Trine2 Questions
MaximB May 4, 2012
Hello !

I like playing Trine2 but I generally suck at Puzzle Games.
I've managed to get to the fire breathing snake boss and I'm stuck.

Any tips on how to kill it ?

P.S
I highly doubt that it's possible to finish a level with only one character, yet alone with any character.
Cheeseness May 4, 2012
This encounter isn't very readable unfortunately. I'll try not to give the entire puzzle away, but here's a hint: the platforms towards the left of the snake room are destructable.

I finished the level you're on with only Pontius (I reckon the other characters could probably all do it, but combat encounters are very tricky with Amadeus :D ).
MaximB May 4, 2012
Thanks I'll try it, but how can you finish this level with the others ? I mean there are walls which could only be destructed with the hammer.
And there are plants which you need to water, and only the mage can do it (move objects and water the plants) ?
Brandon Smith May 4, 2012
Whats the question? You can switch between any character at any time right? And if you mean co-op, well it requires teamwork.

I once grouped with a mage who just refused to do anything towards helping the team, and level progress ground to a hault ;)
MaximB May 4, 2012
I don't mean co-op ....I mean in single player passing the level with only one character ... there are a few places in the first level which I just don't see how it's possible (read my post above).
Brandon Smith May 4, 2012
1,2,3 to change character?
MaximB May 4, 2012
I know it, I also know that it "should" be possible to finish the game with only one character...but I don't see how...
Cheeseness May 4, 2012
Pontius can carry water on his shield, and Zoya can swing past water, knocking it in the direction you need (that's very slow though). Zoya's fire arrows can destroy walls, and Amadeus can levitate heavy objects into walls to break them (at least I'm pretty sure he can - he could in the first game).

I haven't tried to finish the entire game with one character, but I reckon it's possible (though it would be very hard).

Also, I published a little interview with the Trine devs yesterday :D
/shameless plug
MaximB May 4, 2012
yeah you also posted this interview on LGN faceook page...
Your interviews and articles are very long and deep, I like that but sometimes I have no "will" to read several pages ;)
I'll get to it when I'm in the mood ;)
Cheeseness May 4, 2012
Quoting: "MaximB, post: 4199, member: 3"yeah you also posted this interview on LGN faceook page...
Your interviews and articles are very long and deep, I like that but sometimes I have no "will" to read several pages ;)
I'll get to it when I'm in the mood ;)

Ha ha, no problems. To be honest, it was hard to keep it so short ;)

Good luck with Trine 2 :)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.