Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Linux Game Tome
MyGameCompany Jan 13, 2013
Anyone know what happened to the Linux Game Tome? Last summer, the guy went on vacation, and when he returned, I remember he had some problems with the site updates. Never did get them working. Then the spammers flooded the forum for awhile, and now when I checked, the site is completely gone.

This was my go-to site for Linux games for a long time. It was sure sad to see something that's been around for so long decline so rapidly, and then vanish without a trace. :(
Liam Dawe Jan 13, 2013
No idea they where hosted by Linux Game Publishing/Tux Games who had a lot of server problems. It's possible the owner just gave up. Sad to see it go, It used to be my go to website even after I started GOL initially.
Hamish Jan 13, 2013
That is depressing - hope to see it come back.
berarma Jan 13, 2013
It was a very good site with an extensive and well organized game database. I hope it isn't gone forever.
Hyeron Jan 14, 2013
Their problems have begun quite a bit earlier IIRC. As far as I can recall, it's been over a year since I last saw it alive AND kicking. The switch to LGDB is painful (thanks to the time spent on it and the memories) but apparently necessary. Plus well... Now there's GOL. :P
KIAaze Feb 3, 2013
Looks like happypenguin is back! :)

Maybe now is a good time to download/backup the whole site and make sure LGDB has all its games. Just in case...
Liam Dawe Feb 4, 2013
Being online is one thing but will it actually get any updates? A big database is only as good as how up to date it is really.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.