Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
New Desktop Screenshot Thread
Page: «71/72»
  Go to:
bonkmaykr Jul 14
Here's mine:

Trinity Desktop (kde 3.5) if you're wondering
CDE theme, Slick icons
Quoting: bonkmaykrHere's mine:

Trinity Desktop (kde 3.5) if you're wondering
CDE theme, Slick icons

Just got a little throwback as I starred using Linux decades ago. Thank you

*Looking at current desktops*

When did everything went downhill and flat again? I really miss KDE 4 though :(
Pengling Jul 16

Some fan-art I liked, which was done for the Awesome Games Done Quick 2023 event, where Bomberman 64: The Second Attack! was speedrun in just over 30 minutes.
Hamish Jul 26
Nothing too special for July:

chaussettes Jul 27
Got up early to finish setting up a system I want to spend a lot of time on. Been a while since I really customized anything. IceWM on Debian with an XP-ish look.

sourpuz Jul 29
Quoting: chaussettesGot up early to finish setting up a system I want to spend a lot of time on. Been a while since I really customized anything. IceWM on Debian with an XP-ish look.

Ohhh, it's great to see IceWM! I've always had a soft spot for it, and it's still actively developed.

Last edited by sourpuz on 29 July 2024 at 5:02 pm UTC
This is my PC. I use Catppuccin Mocha on every possible program.
link
So this time it's a bit more literal (my entry to this thread). I recently got a new GPU, AMD RX 7700 XT, upgraded from my Nvidia GTX 1070. After using it for some time with the Ubuntu 24.04 install I had, 2 days ago I also switched to openSUSE Tumbleweed GNOME, that I always wanted to try, but I was afraid of the Nvidia wonkiness I've heard about (now with an AMD GPU that barrier was no longer there).

The performance difference is huge for me with this GPU between the 2 distros.

My desktop is not that different, because most stuff I always set it up more or less the same.

Finally an AMD GPU, drivers now open source and not proprietary, wayland. It's a cool experience, I'm glad I 'took the risk' and splurged for an AMD GPU. I always wanted to try it, but I've had been afraid to part with Nvidia due to my familiarity with it.

I'm also really impressed with openSUSE Tumbleweed as well. It would be hard to make a proper write up, but I just find it so damn impressive, I never could have imagined that I still could be THAT impressed with a Linux distro. It does a lot of stuff really well.

So yeah, new GPU, new OS, new graphics stack, new display protocol (wayland), a lot of new stuff that I'm happy and excited about.

Last edited by DoctorJunglist on 4 August 2024 at 4:35 pm UTC
Quoting: DoctorJunglistSo this time it's a bit more literal (my entry to this thread). I recently got a new GPU, AMD RX 7700 XT, upgraded from my Nvidia GTX 1070. After using it for some time with the Ubuntu 24.04 install I had, 2 days ago I also switched to openSUSE Tumbleweed GNOME, that I always wanted to try, but I was afraid of the Nvidia wonkiness I've heard about (now with an AMD GPU that barrier was no longer there).

The performance difference is huge for me with this GPU between the 2 distros.

My desktop is not that different, because most stuff I always set it up more or less the same.

Finally an AMD GPU, drivers now open source and not proprietary, wayland. It's a cool experience, I'm glad I 'took the risk' and splurged for an AMD GPU. I always wanted to try it, but I've had been afraid to part with Nvidia due to my familiarity with it.

I'm also really impressed with openSUSE Tumbleweed as well. It would be hard to make a proper write up, but I just find it so damn impressive, I never could have imagined that I still could be THAT impressed with a Linux distro. It does a lot of stuff really well.

So yeah, new GPU, new OS, new graphics stack, new display protocol (wayland), a lot of new stuff that I'm happy and excited about.

As a long time openSUSE user who is also running a "version" of Tumbleweed (Aeon and Kalpa) I am still to this day surprised by this system and it is a true miracle. Probably it should opt in for a new world wonder 😅

Bit the bullet early and decided to just move for good to a Qt environment (LXQt) since I was already building on practically nothing with IceWM. Not a huge fan of GTK's direction in the last few years and been looking to move to Qt for a long time anyway. Finally got the system set up for good and working on tweaking together a theme as I go. Long live Qt
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.