Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Weekend Players' Club 6/28/2024
StoneColdSpider 3 days ago
G'Day fellow tuxers……. Its Bruce your host here once again…….

[+..••] As for gaming this week in Emulationville I played [+..••]

Console

All-Star Baseball 2001 (2000 Acclaim) - Nintendo 64 - Sports (Baseball)
International Superstar Soccer 2000 (2000 Konami) - Nintendo 64 - Sports (Soccer)
Madden NFL 2003 (2002 EA Sports) - Nintendo GameCube - Sports (Football)
NBA Live 98 (1997 EA Sports) - Sony PlayStation - Sports (Basketball)
Need For Speed: Underground (2003 Electronic Arts) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Racing)
NHL Hitz 2003 (2002 Midway) - Nintendo GameCube - Sports (Hockey)
Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (2006 Konami) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Soccer)
Ricky Ponting International Cricket 2007 (2007 Codemasters) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Cricket)
Test Drive Unlimited (2007 Atari) - Sony PLayStation 2 - Sports (Racing)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 (2003 EA Sports) - Nintendo GameCube - Sports (Golf)
Triple Play 2002 (2002 EA Sports) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Baseball)

2024 T20 Cricket World Cup…...

Ricky Ponting International Cricket 2007……….

Netherlands vs Australia……….

Hello and welcome to the Crass Regional Australian Programming I am Murray Eastlake……. And today I will be bringing you all the action from Australias Super 8 Group 1 match vs Netherlands……

Netherlands has won the toss and elected to bat first……

The Aussie bowling attack continues their great form…… Doing a great job restricting the Netherlands batters…… The fielding was on song as well as Australia took some great catches and even got a run out…….. Netherlands ending the innings 5-54 with B. Zeadarant batting the entire innings but only managing to get 16 runs off 33 balls……

Gilchurch and Hyder came out to bat for the Australians…….. And they were not going to hang around….. As it only took 2.4 overs to get the required runs and win the match with ease as they ended the match 0/57…… With Hyder getting 39 off only 8 balls…..

Well there you have it folks…….. Another chapter has been entered into the great book of cricket……

Game Action…….

Match Result…….

Netherlands Batting Card…...

Australias Bowling Card…...

Australias Batting Card…….

Netherlands Bowling Card…...

Australia vs India……….

And now onto the final Super 8 Group 1 match for Australia as they now take on India…….

India has won the toss and elected to bat first…….

India started rather strong and were batting quite well….. The Aussie bowling attack was looking a bit weaker than it has before……. As the Indian batters were able to get over 10 runs per over and keep it there……. And for the first time this tournament were able to get 100 runs against the very good Australian bowlers……..

Indian ended the innings 4/104 And for the first time this tournament Australia needs to chase down over 100 runs….. Show just how dominate they have been……

Gilchurch and Hyder were charged with chasing down the runs……. And the tone was set very early when the first ball of the innings went into the grandstand for six……… The Indian bowling attack was made to look inept thanks to the stroke play from Gilchurch and Hyder….. Who belted the Indians all over the ground……. Nowhere was safe as several spectators where hit in the head by huge hard hit sixes…….

Both Gilchurch and Hyder brought up their half centuries with relative ease……… At the end Australia ran away winners with a sensational 0/108 off only just 4.3 overs…….

Well there you have it folks…….. Another chapter has been entered into the great book of cricket…….

And with that victory Australia has cemented its place into the Semi Finals as Super 8 Group 1 winner…….. Australia will take on South Africa in the Semi Final……….

Game Action…….

Match Result…….

Indian Batting Card…...

Indian Bowling Card…...

And now onto the third match on this triple header….. As Australia play their semi final match again South Africa…….

Australia vs South Africa……….

South Africa has won the toss and elected to bat first…….

South Africa started strong G. Smythe getting 8 runs off the first two balls…… Before getting caught in the clips shortly after…….

The Australian bowlers were struggling a bit out there today….. Not getting many wickets and leaking way more runs then normal……. Only the two maiden overs by Hugg really slowed down the South African batters…….. South Africa ended the innings 2/117……. The largest target anyone has set for Australia……..

Gilchurch and Hyder set about chasing the total…… Gilchurch was on a mission and was having a good time belting the RSA bowlers all over the ground…….. Until he tried one to may hook shots and was caught for 28 off just 10 balls……

This brought the captain Ricky Ponting out to the middle……. He started strong hitting a 6 of the first ball he faced……. This set the tone for the rest of the innings……. As Ricky Ponting and Hyder formed a nice partnership that saw Australia steamroll into the 2024 T20 Cricket World Cup Final…….. As Australia ended the innings 1/121……….

Well there you have it folks…….. Another chapter has been entered into the great book of cricket…….

Next week we will have all the 2024 T20 World Cup action when we will feature the 2024 T20 World Cup Final as Australia takes on India……….

So make sure you tune in next week…. Same CRAP time….. Same CRAP channel……..

This is Murray Eastlake reporting for the Crass Regional Australian Programming..... And until next time its goodbye from me….

Game Action…….

Match Result…….

South Africas Batting Card…...

South Africa Bowling Card…...

The Road To PES Penguin 6

The road to unlock the PES Penguin in Pro Evolution Soccer 6 is at 4900 PES points out of 5000……….

Other Screenshots……...

Madden NFL 2003 (2002 EA Sports) - Nintendo Gamecube - Sports (Football)

Test Drive Unlimited (2007 Atari) - Sony PLayStation 2 - Sports (Racing)

International Superstar Soccer 2000 (2000 Konami) - Nintendo 64 - Sports (Soccer)

NBA Live 98 (1997 EA Sports) - Sony PlayStation - Sports (Basketball)

Need For Speed: Underground (2003 Electronic Arts) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Racing)

All-Star Baseball 2001 (2000 Acclaim) - Nintendo 64 - Sports (Baseball)

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 (2003 EA Sports) - Nintendo GameCube - Sports (Golf)

Well thats it from me…… Hope all you tuxers have a good week……

Now for my bad joke of the week……
Yesterday I got so angry I threw my keyboard against the wall....... Parts went everywhere....... Thats when the shift hit the fan.......
*ba dum.... tssssh…...*
Pengling 2 days ago

My pick this week is 40 Winks, a 1999 PlayStation 3D platformer that has been re-released on Steam in emulator-wrapped form by Piko Interactive, who now own the rights to it. In its time, this game unfortunately failed in the marketplace, which led to the cancellation of a completed Nintendo 64 version that had already been reviewed by some publications (that version was later released on cartridge by Piko in 2019, as well).

As with last week's pick, Blender Bros. (GBA), the included emulator is not great and has an ugly TV-filter as its default visual setting. Thankfully, also as with Blender Bros., it's easy to grab the game files to drop into an emulator (inside the install-directory is a folder named "res", and in there you'll find "game.bin" and "game.cue" - copy out that pair of files and give them matching names, and away you go), so that was exactly what I did.

The game follows twins Ruff and Tumble as they seek to save the world of dreams by rescuing 40 dream-creating creatures known as Winks (in a humourous nod to the term "40 winks", which refers to getting a full night's sleep) in order to prevent them from being turned into nightmare-creating creatures called Hoodwinks by a mean old man who goes by the name of Nitekap, who's so angry that he can't get a good night's sleep that he doesn't want anyone else to have one either - including his own hapless old teddy bear sidekick, Threadbear! 40 Winks takes the look of 1980s and 1990s British home-microcomputer games and claymation shorts, and puts it into a 3D environment, all wrapped up with some nice CGI cutscenes that perfectly capture the feel of a family-friendly animated movie.

I skipped 40 Winks back in its day because its official magazine demo severely undersold it (why they didn't go with the very first stage, which concisely shows you what it's all about, I have no idea), and a number of reviewers seemed to dislike it. Having started playing it now, I cannot understand the negative reviews, or why the game didn't sell well - it's an incredibly charming little title that's certainly no worse than other games of its genre from the same time, and I'm quite enjoying it so far. It's a good thing that the game's been given a second chance in the modern era.

As a fun aside, I unexpectedly got to play Six Degrees of Bomberman with this one. The voice-actress for the twins and their mother also did voice-work for Saturn Bomberman (Saturn, obviously ) and Bomberman World (PlayStation). (This was also the case for the Saturn game Astal, which I also played through recently.)

[+..••] Other stuff that I played this week;

Atomic Bomberman (Proton)

Cookie Clicker* (Proton)

Saturn Bomberman* (Saturn)

Space Invaders: The Original Game (SNES)

Stumble Guys (Proton)

Willy Wombat (Saturn)

Worms (MD)

*Bomberman to the rescue! Take that, Dorito Pope! And since Pengling now has a bakery in order to feed her robot army, a gift-wrapped box of cookie-coated bombs are left in her place in the secret Mountain Dew factory base of the Dorito Pope and the Nacho Nun, as a special gift for our favourite cartoon villains and the ungrateful Banana Bint, April O'Neil.

Quoting: StoneColdSpider
Dang it, Bobby!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderThe road to unlock the PES Penguin in Pro Evolution Soccer 6 is at 4900 PES points out of 5000……….
Almost there!

Why is his head so big?!

He looks like he's going to turn Super Saiyan any minute!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderNow for my bad joke of the week……
Yesterday I got so angry I threw my keyboard against the wall....... Parts went everywhere....... Thats when the shift hit the fan.......
*ba dum.... tssssh…...*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
nicklovespizza694 2 days ago
Still playing Counter Strike 2 & TF2 like last week but i am hoping to get a new game in the steam summer sale...not sure what yet though.
Pengling 2 days ago
Quoting: picnick404Still playing Counter Strike 2 & TF2 like last week but i am hoping to get a new game in the steam summer sale...not sure what yet though.
Have you got anything good wishlisted?

I picked up a few oddball things, myself - the Chip's Challenge emulated collection because a friend and I used to play the Windows version at their place back in the day but I never picked up any version myself at the time (you can pull out the ROMs to use as you prefer, which I've already done), Cookie Clicker because I wanted something weird and idle-games are a genre I haven't tried before, and Distance because its latest update was covered on GOL this week and I really liked the look of it.
StoneColdSpider a day ago
Quoting: Pengling
My pick this week is 40 Winks
WTF IS THAT?!?!!?!?

As with last week's pick, Blender Bros. (GBA), the included emulator is not great and has an ugly TV-filter as its default visual setting.
Oh dear that is horrible.... Why do they keep doing that???.......

Quoting: PenglingThe game follows twins Ruff and Tumble as they seek to save the world of dreams by rescuing 40 dream-creating creatures known as Winks (in a humourous nod to the term "40 winks", which refers to getting a full night's sleep) in order to prevent them from being turned into nightmare-creating creatures called Hoodwinks by a mean old man who goes by the name of Nitekap, who's so angry that he can't get a good night's sleep that he doesn't want anyone else to have one either
Sounds a PG version of Nightmare on Elm Street.......

Quoting: PenglingI skipped 40 Winks back in its day because its official magazine demo severely undersold it (why they didn't go with the very first stage, which concisely shows you what it's all about, I have no idea), and a number of reviewers seemed to dislike it. Having started playing it now, I cannot understand the negative reviews, or why the game didn't sell well
Because its a game about 40 winks........

Quoting: PenglingAs a fun aside, I unexpectedly got to play Six Degrees of Bomberman with this one.
Just as fun as Six Degees of Kevin Bacon but less ugly.......

Atomic Bomberman (Proton)
GOD DAMMIT PENGLING!......

Cookie Clicker* (Proton)
Are they Stardew Valley Cookies from the cookbook???.......

Saturn Bomberman* (Saturn)
GOD DAMMIT PENGLING!!! x2.......

Space Invaders: The Original Game (SNES)
COKE WINS!.....

Stumble Guys (Proton)
A shark.... A lion...... A alien....... And lasers....... What more could a game want???.....

Willy Wombat (Saturn)
I swaer he looks more like a cat.......
but the real question is..... Does he do his own stunts???

Worms (MD)
Looks like you need to give your Mega Drive more Combantrin.......

Quoting: Pengling*Bomberman to the rescue! Take that, Dorito Pope! And since Pengling now has a bakery in order to feed her robot army, a gift-wrapped box of cookie-coated bombs are left in her place in the secret Mountain Dew factory base of the Dorito Pope and the Nacho Nun, as a special gift for our favourite cartoon villains and the ungrateful Banana Bint, April O'Neil.
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!......

Quoting: PenglingDang it, Bobby!
At least getting a half century against Australia will mean he will stay on tour and wont have go back home and join his dad selling propane and propane accessories.......

Quoting: PenglingAlmost there!
Your right..... And I need to do it all over again with PES Pro Evolution Soccer 2008........

Quoting: PenglingWhy is his head so big?!

While still to big in the game David Wells was known for having a rather large head......

There is also a funny/interesting story about David Wells......
David Wells bought an authentic game worn 1934 Babe Ruth New York Yankees hat....... Dave then decided to wear it himself during a game in 1997...... Yankees manager Joe Torre was pissed cause the hat was not part of the official team uniform anymore and the Yankees have very strict uniform protocols.... (The Yankees even told the MLB to F-Off when the MLB tried to make them have a 3rd "alternate" uniform.....)

So David Wells was forced to take off the hat after the 1st innings...... Now heres the real crazy part..... Dave paid $35,000 for that hat........ Dave would later sell the same hat for $537,278 in 2012........

Quoting: PenglingHe looks like he's going to turn Super Saiyan any minute!
Either that or run for Prime Minister......

Quoting: PenglingHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Glad u liked the joke lol......

Quoting: picnick404Still playing Counter Strike 2 & TF2 like last week but i am hoping to get a new game in the steam summer sale...not sure what yet though.
Hope you get something good in the sale..... Let us know what you end up getting......
Pengling a day ago
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderWTF IS THAT?!?!!?!?
The girl twin, Tumble, and her teddy bear, standing on a floating bookcase, next to a portrait of a werewolf that shifts between man and wolf forms, in a nightmare about a haunted house.

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderOh dear that is horrible.... Why do they keep doing that???.......
I have no idea! I'm looking forward to when Piko Interactive opens their planned online store where you'll be able to buy the ROMs directly, so I can skip the step of retrieving the files from the Steam releases.

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderJust as fun as Six Degees of Kevin Bacon but less ugly.......
Haha!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderGOD DAMMIT PENGLING!......

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderAre they Stardew Valley Cookies from the cookbook???.......
Nah, they're Cookie Clicker cookies, of course!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderGOD DAMMIT PENGLING!!! x2.......

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderCOKE WINS!.....
Heheh, Pepsi Invaders is a good little game.

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderA shark.... A lion...... A alien....... And lasers....... What more could a game want???.....
Exactly!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderbut the real question is..... Does he do his own stunts???
Totally.

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderLooks like you need to give your Mega Drive more Combantrin.......
Hah!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!......

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderAt least getting a half century against Australia will mean he will stay on tour and wont have go back home and join his dad selling propane and propane accessories.......
Hahahaha!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderYour right..... And I need to do it all over again with PES Pro Evolution Soccer 2008........
How long will that take?

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderWhile still to big in the game David Wells was known for having a rather large head......

There is also a funny/interesting story about David Wells......
David Wells bought an authentic game worn 1934 Babe Ruth New York Yankees hat....... Dave then decided to wear it himself during a game in 1997...... Yankees manager Joe Torre was pissed cause the hat was not part of the official team uniform anymore and the Yankees have very strict uniform protocols.... (The Yankees even told the MLB to F-Off when the MLB tried to make them have a 3rd "alternate" uniform.....)

So David Wells was forced to take off the hat after the 1st innings...... Now heres the real crazy part..... Dave paid $35,000 for that hat........ Dave would later sell the same hat for $537,278 in 2012........
Blimey!

Still, the 3D model looks incredibly disproportionate!
nicklovespizza694 about 18 hours ago
Have you got anything good wishlisted?

I picked up a few oddball things, myself - the Chip's Challenge emulated collection because a friend and I used to play the Windows version at their place back in the day but I never picked up any version myself at the time (you can pull out the ROMs to use as you prefer, which I've already done), Cookie Clicker because I wanted something weird and idle-games are a genre I haven't tried before, and Distance because its latest update was covered on GOL this week and I really liked the look of it.

i just bought Rise of The Tomb Raider!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.