Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Ad-supported freebie TV/movie streaming service Tubi finally available in the UK
Pengling Jul 17
Tubi, a freebie streaming service that's ad-supported, can be found here if you want to give it a look. It doesn't seem to require you to sign up for an account, so I haven't done so.

It's got an unusual mix of old and new content, some of which I've heard of, and some of which I haven't, and seems to work just fine on Linux - at least on my Mint Xfce setup.

Just giving it a quick mention because it was still US-only when I last checked a few weeks ago. Enjoy!
whizse Jul 17
Something for @tuubi?
pilk Jul 18
Shoutouts to Tubi, it's my personal favourite to scroll through, because it's where all the stuff the mainstream services don't bother with end up. A lot of obscure stuff ends up there, as well as cult films and really bad films.

If the library is the same across the pond, I recommend giving Sam & Max and Dan Vs. a go.
Both are pretty obscure but excellent. The former also has an excellent series of point-and-clicks, and the latter was somehow on the same channel as that one cartoon with the horses that got really popular a bit over a decade ago.

Last edited by pilk on 18 July 2024 at 1:33 am UTC
WorMzy Jul 18
Nice, it works fine here in Qutebrowser, so I guess it doesn't even need that widevine bollocks.
tuubi Jul 18
Quoting: whizseSomething for @tuubi?

Probably not, seeing as it's still blocked in my area. Besides, I barely watch any TV these days, save for an occasional British panel show or something else that isn't likely to be on an American streaming service.
Pengling Jul 18
Quoting: pilkIf the library is the same across the pond,
The library unfortunately isn't the same - I did some searching. We do have some episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000, though!

Quoting: pilkI recommend giving Sam & Max and Dan Vs. a go.
Both are pretty obscure but excellent.
Sam & Max, as in the late-1990s TV cartoon series, "Sam & Max: Freelance Police", that was loosely based on the games, by any chance? I remember when that was airing in the UK around 1998 - it was hilarious.

Last edited by Pengling on 18 July 2024 at 3:00 pm UTC
pilk Jul 18
Quoting: PenglingSam & Max, as in the late-1990s TV cartoon series, "Sam & Max: Freelance Police", that was loosely based on the games, by any chance? I remember when that was airing in the UK around 1998 - it was hilarious.
The comics came first, and then the first game, then the cartoon. I wouldn't be surprised if it was based off both. The cartoon is the most PG of the iterations, they had to tone it down for Fox Kids and YTV.
Pengling Jul 18
Quoting: pilkThe comics came first, and then the first game, then the cartoon. I wouldn't be surprised if it was based off both. The cartoon is the most PG of the iterations, they had to tone it down for Fox Kids and YTV.
I know the comics came first, but yeah, I guess it probably was based on both those and the game - I was just more familiar with the game's existence at the time, so I always more closely associated the show with that.

Last edited by Pengling on 18 July 2024 at 8:37 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.