Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Will i have 165FPS and above if i buy RX 7600 XT?
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
Well i use RX 580 and i5-9400F right now. If i upgrade my GPU will i get 165FPS and above? Sometimes i get 100-140FPS and sometimes 80-90FPS and even 60FPS.
scaine Aug 3
Userbenchmark suggests that you'll way more than double your FPS with that upgrade.

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-RX-7600-XT-vs-AMD-RX-580/m2280266vs3923
Quoting: scaineUserbenchmark suggests that you'll way more than double your FPS with that upgrade.

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-RX-7600-XT-vs-AMD-RX-580/m2280266vs3923

Thanks. I have i5-9400F right now.
scaine Aug 3
Quoting: LinuxPenguinThanks. I have i5-9400F right now.
That's your CPU. Are you upgrading that too? I'm not very clued up on CPUs, sorry. The CPU won't make a huge different to your frames per second generally though. Occasionally you can experience CPU bottlenecks, dependent on the game. Fairly rare though.
Quoting: scaine
Quoting: LinuxPenguinThanks. I have i5-9400F right now.
That's your CPU. Are you upgrading that too? I'm not very clued up on CPUs, sorry. The CPU won't make a huge different to your frames per second generally though. Occasionally you can experience CPU bottlenecks, dependent on the game. Fairly rare though.

Well i'm not upgrading my CPU right now. I might in future.
Depends on the game you're playing.
Quoting: Avehicle7887Depends on the game you're playing.

Well i struggle with CS2. And i would like to play newer games easily.
Do you mean a minimum of 165 ? Average ? In any case it depends on the game. I have benchmarked several games with a 7600 XT over on the benchmarks page:

https://www.gamingonlinux.com/forum/benchmarks-performance/

Overall you will play many games maxed out with a good frame rate but few if any will give you a minimum of 165 FPS. Several games went from a minimum of sub 60 to well above from my RX 590 to an RX 7600 XT. From the RX 590 to the 7600 XT some games that went from laggy to playable were Heavy Rain, The Suicide of Rachel Foster, Unforgiving: A Northern Hymn, The Witcher 3, Detroit: Become Human, Shadow Warrior 2, and Hard Reset. Some games went from damn near unplayable on my RX 590 to almost a 60FPS min such as The Outer Worlds, and Inner Chains.

At 2560P the 7600XT was borderline for me. I ended up returning it, saving up, and buying a 7800XT. That being said if I ended up having to stick with the 7600 XT I would have been content as it did make a good difference in many games my RX 590 didn't do well in.
Quoting: PublicNuisanceDo you mean a minimum of 165 ? Average ? In any case it depends on the game. I have benchmarked several games with a 7600 XT over on the benchmarks page:

Overall you will play many games maxed out with a good frame rate but few if any will give you a minimum of 165 FPS. Several games went from a minimum of sub 60 to well above from my RX 590 to an RX 7600 XT. From the RX 590 to the 7600 XT some games that went from laggy to playable were Heavy Rain, The Suicide of Rachel Foster, Unforgiving: A Northern Hymn, The Witcher 3, Detroit: Become Human, Shadow Warrior 2, and Hard Reset. Some games went from damn near unplayable on my RX 590 to almost a 60FPS min such as The Outer Worlds, and Inner Chains.

At 2560P the 7600XT was borderline for me. I ended up returning it, saving up, and buying a 7800XT. That being said if I ended up having to stick with the 7600 XT I would have been content as it did make a good difference in many games my RX 590 didn't do well in.

I mean minimum and average.
Quoting: LinuxPenguin
Quoting: PublicNuisanceDo you mean a minimum of 165 ? Average ? In any case it depends on the game. I have benchmarked several games with a 7600 XT over on the benchmarks page:

What games are you looking to get an increase on ?
Quoting: PublicNuisance
Quoting: LinuxPenguin

What games are you looking to get an increase on ?

Well CS2 and newer games.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.