Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Will i have 165FPS and above if i buy RX 7600 XT?
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
mylka Aug 8
Quoting: LinuxPenguinWell CS2 and newer games.

what are newer gemes?

this is a brand new game
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2638370/Five_Nights_at_Freddys_Into_the_Pit/

yes you will have 165FPS in these kind of games

or are you talking about elden ring DLC, cyberpunk, Horizon Forbidden West?
no you will not. 60 is perfectly fine. everything above, lets say 90FPS is very hard to even recognize
144hz, 165hz, 200hz monitors are a waste of money. it is totally marketing BS.
bonkmaykr about 2 hours ago
Quoting: scaineUserbenchmark suggests that you'll way more than double your FPS with that upgrade.

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-RX-7600-XT-vs-AMD-RX-580/m2280266vs3923
Avoid Userbenchmark like the plague. They are diehard AMD haters, and it's not even because Intel or NVIDIA is paying them, they are just run by really bad people.

Quoting: LinuxPenguinWell i use RX 580 and i5-9400F right now. If i upgrade my GPU will i get 165FPS and above? Sometimes i get 100-140FPS and sometimes 80-90FPS and even 60FPS.

That depends on the game, the graphics preset, and the display resolution. On Linux, it will also depend on your display protocol, and on your specific driver package if using a Geforce card.

Look up video benchmarks on YouTube. The games I'd recommend you see test results for are Redout 2 and Alan Wake 2, since those two games are primarily GPU limited on most systems.

That CPU will hold you back in some newer games especially if they're made with UE5, stuff like THE FINALS really won't play nice with Coffee Lake Refresh so I would advise upgrading the CPU to a 12th gen Intel or one of the newer Ryzens if you have the budget for a new CPU + a whole new mainboard. AVOID CORE 13TH AND 14TH GEN, they're almost all defective and Intel is still pushing out a fixed revision that doesn't self destruct anymore.

If you use Steam Game Recording, you'll only be able to get good performance with a Radeon GPU as the NVENC encoder isn't properly set up with Steam for Linux yet. But then NVIDIA has the best upscaler and RT performance, so thats up to you.

Last edited by bonkmaykr on 20 September 2024 at 11:50 am UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.