Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Nvidia card underperforming on Wayland
Ever since my switch to wayland and nixos my gpu has been a lot slower and I have no idea why.
So my Nvidia GTX 1050 mobile with 550 drivers has gotten a score of 1211 in glmark2. While my Integrated Intel gpu got 3854.
My nvidia config file and my offload script is
If you have any idea how to fix then pls tell me and thanks in advance for any help.
whizse Sep 1
Some thoughts off the top of my head:

- Are you sure it's specific to Wayland? It sounds like you switched distributions too? Can you test with X11 temporarily?
- Might glmark2 be using nouveau or possibly software rendering?
- Any difference between OpenGL and Vulkan?
- What sort of behavior do you get in "normal", non-benchmark applications, like games?

...not sure how helpful this is, but at least you get a thread bump!
[quote=whizse]Some thoughts off the top of my head:

- Are you sure it's specific to Wayland? It sounds like you switched distributions too? Can you test with X11 temporarily?

I did test x11 to but the gpu performance only went up by about 200 points, so it's kinda nothing.
- Might glmark2 be using nouveau or possibly software rendering?
- Any difference between OpenGL and Vulkan?
- What sort of behavior do you get in "normal", non-benchmark applications, like games?
Well I'm having the issue in every thing i tried it on and the gpu always performs worse than the cpu.

Still thanks
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.