Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Unable to Adjust Brightness
Cyba.Cowboy Aug 31
My System Info

Linux Distribution: Pop!_OS 22.04 LTS (based on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS)
Desktop Environment: GNOME 42.9 under X11
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 for laptops
GPU Driver Version: 555.58.02

Have you checked for system updates?: Yes

If this is not Steam, you can still give us a system readout using inxi with "inxi -SbCGxx" in terminal (please put that into Pastebin/Gist as linked above!):

https://pastebin.com/qJ3aKgjD

You can note your issue below here

Unable to adjust display brightness with keyboard or system settings.

Note any particular steps to reproduce it below here

I tried to installed the "brightness controller" package, as suggested online... But this made no difference, even after a restart.

I can see that there are some GRUB-based solutions that might work, but if I'm brutally honest, nano and GRUB are not my strongpoints, as I find them difficult and confusing to use, and I don't want to be messing with nano / GRUB if I don't have a clear understanding of how to reverse any changes I make (assuming a potential solution doesn't work)... I'm pretty comfortable with Terminal, though.

My laptop screen is awfully dim in my bright office, so any help would be appreciated.
dpanter Sep 1
Arch wiki suggests all functions should work out of the box for the F15, but you may need to blacklist some kernel modules or add kernel parameters. Check the info for the A15 as an example.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Laptop/ASUS
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.