You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Weekend Players' Club 9/6/2024
G'Day fellow tuxers……. Its Bruce your host here once again…….

[+..••] As for gaming this week in Emulationville I played [+..••]

Console

Madden NFL 2003 (2002 EA Sports) - Nintendo GameCube - Sports (Football)
NASCAR: Dirt to Daytona (2002 Infogrames) – Nintendo GameCube - Sports (Racing)
NASCAR: Dirt to Daytona (2002 Infogrames) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Racing)
Sid Meier's Civilization (1994 KOEI) - Super Nintendo Entertainment System - Strategy
Test Drive Unlimited (2007 Atari) - Sony PLayStation 2 - Sports (Racing)
Triple Play 2002 (2002 EA Sports) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Baseball)
WWE Smackdown! Here Comes the Pain (2003 THQ) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Wrestling)

Screenshots……...

Madden NFL 2003 (2002 EA Sports) - Nintendo Gamecube - Sports (Football)

Triple Play 2002 (2002 EA Sports) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Baseball)

Test Drive Unlimited (2007 Atari) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Racing)

Sid Meier's Civilization (1994 KOEI) - Super Nintendo Entertainment System - Strategy

WWE Smackdown! Here Comes the Pain (2003 THQ) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Wrestling)

NASCAR: Dirt to Daytona (2002 Infogrames) – Nintendo GameCube - Sports (Racing)

Well thats it from me…… Hope all you tuxers have a good week……

Now for my bad joke of the week……
I heard Steven Spielberg is making a movie about a fat alien....... E.C....... Extra Cholesterol.....
*ba dum.... tssssh…...*

Last edited by StoneColdSpider on 6 September 2024 at 9:27 pm UTC
Pengling Sep 6

I'm revisiting Mia and the Dragon Princess (Proton) this weekend, which I haven't played in a while. It's an FMV game where a barmaid named Mia finds her world turned upside down when a strange woman who bears a striking resemblance to a legendary "Pirate Princess" finds her way to Mia's workplace, followed soon after by a group of thugs, and it turns out that there's more going on than meets the eye!

As you'd expect from this genre, there are various paths through the game, and I want to try to see more of them this week.

[+..••] Other stuff that I played this week;

Asteroids (Arcade)

Bomberman '93 (TG-16)

Bomberman Party Edition (PSX)

Cosmic Ark (Atari 2600)

Saturn Bomberman (Saturn)

Super Bomberman R 2 (Proton)

Quoting: StoneColdSpider
Test Drive Unlimited (2007 Atari) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Racing)
The car looks particularly nice here - is this purely upscaled, or did you use some sort of patch here too?

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderNow for my bad joke of the week……
I heard Steven Spielberg is making a movie about a fat alien....... E.C....... Extra Cholesterol.....
*ba dum.... tssssh…...*
Haha!
missingno Sep 7
Under Night In-Birth II [Sys:Celes] - Goofy clip of the week

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike - Friend came to visit from out of town, played some casual 3S for a little while. Also managed to rope him into trying out Waku Waku 7 and Twinkle Star Sprites as I wanted to show off some fun hidden gems in my collection.

Mahjong Soul/Riichi City/IRL mahjong - Remember when I said I was done grinding this game mode and wouldn't do another run?

Splatoon 3 - Haven't touched Salmon Run since the last Big Run. Was able to put up a 154 right away, but I know that gold target isn't actually much. Still can't kill a damn Triumvirate.
Quoting: PenglingIt's an FMV game where a barmaid named Mia finds her world turned upside down when a strange woman who bears a striking resemblance to a legendary "Pirate Princess" finds her way to Mia's workplace, followed soon after by a group of thugs, and it turns out that there's more going on than meets the eye!
Sounds like a plot from a hallmark movie.....

Quoting: Pengling
Asteroids (Arcade)
Preparing for the end of the world still hey??.....

Bomberman '93 (TG-16)
GOD DAMMIT PENGLING!.....

Bomberman Party Edition (PSX)
GOD DAMMIT PENGLING!! x2........

Cosmic Ark (Atari 2600)
Is this a scene from E.C. The Extra Cholesterol???........

Saturn Bomberman (Saturn)
GOD DAMMIT PENGLING!!! x3.........

Super Bomberman R 2 (Proton)
GOD DAMMIT PENGLING!!!! x4........

Quoting: PenglingThe car looks particularly nice here - is this purely upscaled, or did you use some sort of patch here too?
Its just purely upscaled to 1080p..... No patches applied.......
You can see where the plygons in the game went....... The cars have so many polygons....... So much....... EMOTION.....

Quoting: PenglingHaha!
I had a funny feeling you would really like that one........

Last edited by StoneColdSpider on 8 September 2024 at 12:47 pm UTC
Pengling Sep 8
Quoting: missingnoAlso managed to rope him into trying out Waku Waku 7 and Twinkle Star Sprites as I wanted to show off some fun hidden gems in my collection.
Yay, Waku Waku 7!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderSounds like a plot from a hallmark movie.....
It's considerably more violent than something like that!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderGOD DAMMIT PENGLING!.....
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderGOD DAMMIT PENGLING!! x2........
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderGOD DAMMIT PENGLING!!! x3.........
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderGOD DAMMIT PENGLING!!!! x4........
x4

I wonder if you'll ever beat your record?

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderIs this a scene from E.C. The Extra Cholesterol???........
Haha.

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderIts just purely upscaled to 1080p..... No patches applied.......
You can see where the plygons in the game went....... The cars have so many polygons....... So much....... EMOTION.....
Wow, that's good use of the hardware - very nice!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderI had a funny feeling you would really like that one........
It's my sort of silly humour.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.