Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Top Steam Deck game Sept. 02 - Sept. 08 Unsupported
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
Highball Sep 8
Black Myth: Wukong

The Steam Deck rating system was a good start. But, I think we all know, the rating system needs a revamp or some sort of extension that includes player input. When you read the reason for the Unsupported rating, the games graphics can not be configured to run well on Steam Deck.

Here's a reviewer with 65 hours playing Black Myth: Wukong on his Steam Deck. (thank's to Valves new review features)

QuoteAlso for steam deck users i have played mainly on there....i recommned:

LOW settings except reflections and shadows, TAA and 70 image scale, 720p and then a neat trick...play in 21:9 ratio (think thats the number). Yes i know it gives borders but the image quality and 90% locked 30fps really makes a game that shouldnt work, work!

BUY IT

Maybe they just need to add a fifth rating that's as simple as,
"Playable with an extremely degraded experience after some heavy tinkering. We know you folks are out there, don't try and deny it".

It's going to be interesting if the Steam Deck top played games board eventually fills with Unsupported games.

Last edited by Highball on 8 September 2024 at 6:08 pm UTC
Linas Sep 8
Quoting: HighballPlayable with an extremely degraded experience after some heavy tinkering. We know you folks are out there, don't try and deny it
That's what "playable" rating is for, isn't it?
Highball Sep 8
Quoting: Linas
Quoting: HighballPlayable with an extremely degraded experience after some heavy tinkering. We know you folks are out there, don't try and deny it
That's what "playable" rating is for, isn't it?

Naa, for Playable, "This games default graphics configuration performs well on Steam Deck" is one of the requirements.
CatKiller Sep 8
720p/30fps (in the sections of the game that get tested) at default settings is the minimum for the green tick.

720p/30fps (in the sections of the game that get tested) after fiddling with in-game settings is the minimum for Playable.

This game can't hit either. Unsupported is the appropriate rating.

If people want to play regardless, more power to them.
Zlopez Sep 9
  • Supporter Plus
I recently played both Space Marine 2 and FF 16 demo, both of them are only playable on low settings, but they are really good experience and still look good even on big TV connected to Steam Deck. I assume both of those will probably get Unsupported because of that. Which is kind of shame :/

EDIT: Maybe in case of FF16 it will get better rating as low settings are the default set by game.

Last edited by Zlopez on 9 September 2024 at 7:31 am UTC
According to sdhq, Space marines 2 deeps below 20 FPS, witch for 99% of the people will be considered unplayable, at the moment it has to be considered unsupported by steam.
Liam Dawe Sep 9
Quoting: on_en_a_grosAccording to sdhq, Space marines 2 deeps below 20 FPS, witch for 99% of the people will be considered unplayable, at the moment it has to be considered unsupported by steam.
Baldur's Gate 3 also needs this, drops below 20FPS in the city, but it's somehow Verified. Valve do need to do better on a few of the bigger names.
Quoting: Liam DaweValve do need to do better on a few of the bigger names.
Or maybe they're closing an eye for the hype train, but yeah for the costumers they should do better.
Zlopez Sep 9
  • Supporter Plus
Quoting: on_en_a_grosAccording to sdhq, Space marines 2 deeps below 20 FPS, witch for 99% of the people will be considered unplayable, at the moment it has to be considered unsupported by steam.

I set the graphics preset to performance and graphics settings to low and especially in multiplayer I didn't noticed any significant drop. It was worse in the campaign, but I changed the settings almost at the end, after that it ran like a charm.
on_en_a_gros 7 days ago
Quoting: Zlopez

I set the graphics preset to performance and graphics settings to low and especially in multiplayer I didn't noticed any significant drop. It was worse in the campaign, but I changed the settings almost at the end, after that it ran like a charm.

Did you use the fsr3 mod ?
damarrin 7 days ago
Quoting: Liam Dawe
Baldur's Gate 3 also needs this, drops below 20FPS in the city, but it's somehow Verified. Valve do need to do better on a few of the bigger names.
Same for Still Wakes the Deep, it can be set to be somewhat playable at the beginning, but later in the game it drops to below 20 and nothing can really be done. Steam says "default graphics configuration performs well on the Steam Deck", I say "LOL".

Last edited by damarrin on 10 September 2024 at 1:14 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.