Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Star Wars Outlaws. lol
I find the idiot trolls sad. Not just cause of the disgusting sexism and other bullshit, but also cause they make any actual legit criticism about the "artistic direction" with the main character's looks impossible. It's the same with any other game characters who look questionable. The typical case of a few people ruining things for everyone else. Not all criticisms are toxic or some delusional lunatic conspiracy theory.

But I'm sorry, Humberly González should be annoyed with how the character looks. They turned a glamorous woman into yet another generic whitewashed freckled face greaseball. Using skin issues as a fake means of supposed graphical fidelity. Though at least this time she doesn't look like a trailer trash redneck and/or a cavewoman. (When I say cavewoman, I literally mean just that and not anything about "masculinity" or whatever. It's a face value criticism and that's it.)

All they needed to do for Kay Vess is literally just give Humberly González "Farrah Fawcett hair" and she'd have fit just fine into the neverending late '70s/early '80s of the Star Wars Original Trilogy era. (Even as a "scoundrel" or whatever.) By doing what they did to the character, they also arguably muted her Latina background (not just her femininity). Which is in itself a shame, cause that sorta more clear representation for Latinas would've been great in the game.

The character herself as a person seems great though. All the more reason why this is troubling. The fact that male characters aren't drastically changed either just adds fuel to the fire of the idiots too. My criticism of the character and others like her has nothing to do with objectification. I don't want Dead or Alive girls in all games. My criticism is legit disappointment and/or disgust. Not just cause of poor artistic direction either, but also cause of what I honestly think feels like the "uncanny valley" at times with them as well.

Last edited by Linux_Rocks on 11 September 2024 at 3:00 pm UTC
whizse Sep 9
I came here thinking this would be a post about some sort of Star Wars mod for the old LucasArts Outlaws...
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.