You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Looks like Humble Bundle removed their current partner program
Liam Dawe about 5 hours ago
Today I went to look at how this month was going for GamingOnLinux's Humble Bundle partnership and....it's gone. They removed it entirely. The support site FAQ entries for it are all gone too.

One page of the partner section now redirects to impact.com, so it looks like they're moving to an external provider for it (like GOG and Fanatical do). Problem is: Humble haven't said a word to partners on this, and they still owe payments directly for last month and whatever was accrued so far this month. Oh, and my impact account I seem to have from years ago was disabled at some point, so I'm currently trying to get them to unlock it.

This is a big problem, because it was quite a high percentage of GamingOnLinux funding.

So once again, I'm asking for your direct support: https://www.patreon.com/liamdawe

Honestly, if Humble really has entirely removed it and moved it elsewhere, a lot of the partner links from an external service will likely be blocked by plugins often like they are for GOG links, so even if I can get impact to unlock my account, it's going to be a big hit on overall finances.

Happy Friday, I guess.
BlackBloodRum about 5 hours ago
Well that's just shit, isn't it?

Hopefully they pay out for the most recent referrals, and fix it. Not much I can do or say other than simply hope it gets sorted.

Sorry to hear it though, that sucks.
Liam Dawe about 5 hours ago
Yeah, if this doesn't get sorted, to be blunt: there's gonna be some hard decisions to be made about the future.
BlackBloodRum about 4 hours ago
Got to do what you gotta do.

Though, I guess for now try to remain optimistic. It might get sorted, maybe contact them or something. If not.. well. It's decision time.
d10sfan about 4 hours ago
Hope you're able to get it sorted! Out of curiosity what are the biggest expenses? Server costs for the site, the time working on it, living etc?

If it is server costs theres probably some stuff that can make that can make that cheaper like using things like cloud flare pages or other static content hosting but that'd require a good chunk of work and thinking about how the interactive stuff of the site like comments and forum.

I've done some pretty cool things with cloud flare pages and their workers but it does take a architecture shift.

Last edited by d10sfan on 4 October 2024 at 6:05 pm UTC
Liam Dawe about 4 hours ago
Living costs are the biggest expenses, this is my job.
BlackBloodRum about 3 hours ago
Quoting: Liam DaweLiving costs are the biggest expenses, this is my job.
Life as a Linux news blogger:
- Write about Linux and Linux games all day. Goes home to play on windows to find a break from all that linux.

Just kidding!

Joking aside, hope that you get his stuff sorted.
Liam Dawe about 3 hours ago
Humble confirmed they've moved their partner program to Impact, and say they emailed people on a specific mailing list I wasn't on. Sigh.

My Impact account seems disabled, so I can't do anything until Impact unlock it.

So basically any Humble Bundle purchases using our current (old) link after October 1st do nothing. I've removed it from the Support Us page.

Last edited by Liam Dawe on 4 October 2024 at 7:34 pm UTC
whizse about 2 hours ago
Have you considered raising the subscription price for each level? It seems to have gone unchanged, at least from 2020?

What with cost of living increases, a smallish raise doesn't seem unfair.
Liam Dawe 1 hour ago
Quoting: whizseHave you considered raising the subscription price for each level? It seems to have gone unchanged, at least from 2020?

What with cost of living increases, a smallish raise doesn't seem unfair.
Yeah, good idea.

I actually reduced the starter Supporter level from $5 to $4 years ago too. So it seems like a sane idea. I've "unpublished" the current Supporter tier (just hides it) and put up a new Supporter tier at $5.50. For comparison, Phoronix monthly is $6.

It's only a $1.50 increase, but my hope is people still go for it (either new or some move over to it), and maybe it will get a few to instead pick the Plus option that's $7.

It does complicate things a bit though on the Patreon linker, but I'll keep that checking at $4+ for now for the badges and eventually see if I can actually get it to pick up the tiers rather than price paid by people.

Last edited by Liam Dawe on 4 October 2024 at 8:59 pm UTC
whizse 19 minutes ago
Quoting: Liam DaweIt's only a $1.50 increase, but my hope is people still go for it
Already switched over. Only 97 others to convince!

Come on people, let's give Liam a raise!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.