Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Weekend Players' Club 10/4/2024
StoneColdSpider a day ago
G'Day fellow tuxers……. Its Bruce your host here once again…….

[+..••] As for gaming this week in Emulationville I played [+..••]

Console

Gran Turisno 4 Spec II (2024 TheAdmiester) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Racing)
Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball 2024 (2024 Baron von Lector) - Super Nintendo Entertainment System - Sports (Baseball)
Madden NFL 2003 (2002 EA Sports) - Nintendo GameCube - Sports (Football)
Major League Baseball 2K6 (2006 2K Sports) - Nintendo GameCube - Sports (Baseball)
NASCAR: Dirt to Daytona (2002 Infogrames) – Nintendo GameCube - Sports (Racing)
PES 2008: Pro Evolution Soccer (2007 Konami) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Soccer)
Sid Meier's Civilization (1994 KOEI) - Super Nintendo Entertainment System - Strategy

The Road To PES Penguin 2008

The road to unlock the PES Penguin in Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 is at 200 PES points out of 5000……….

Other Screenshots……...

Madden NFL 2003 (2002 EA Sports) - Nintendo Gamecube - Sports (Football)

Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball 2024 (2024 Baron von Lector) - Super Nintendo Entertainment System - Sports (Baseball)

Gran Turisno 4 Spec II (2024 TheAdmiester) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Racing)

Major League Baseball 2K6 (2006 2K Sports) - Nintendo GameCube - Sports (Baseball)

Sid Meier's Civilization (1994 KOEI) - Super Nintendo Entertainment System - Strategy

NASCAR: Dirt to Daytona (2002 Infogrames) – Nintendo GameCube - Sports (Racing)

Well thats it from me…… Hope all you tuxers have a good week……

Now for my bad joke of the week……
Q: What is the scariest plant in the rain forest???……..
A: Bam-BOO!…..
*ba dum.... tssssh…...*
Pengling about 6 hours ago

My pick this weekend is DKC Mania, a ROM-hack of the first Donkey Kong Country for the SNES.

It's meant as something of a "remix" of the original game, but most of the time it's more like something completely new, with new level layouts along with changes to palettes and some enemy behaviours, which give everything a fresh coat of paint. The difficulty-curve is natural and professional, too, and it has the nice quality-of-life change of giving you infinite lives and not kicking you back to the map-screen if you die, so as not to break up the flow of the game. If you want more DKC, this is the hack for you.

I've actually played DKC Mania before, so I already know it's good - I just felt like revisiting it on a whim this week.

Also, during the week, I tried out the FUR Squadron Phoenix Demo, which is the sequel to one of my favourite indie games. I'm happy to report that it plays wonderfully, and improves upon the original in exactly the ways that I'd hoped for. I can't wait for the full release!

Quoting: StoneColdSpider
Madden NFL 2003 (2002 EA Sports) - Nintendo Gamecube - Sports (Football)
HAPPY-DANCE!

Ooh, that looks cool! What else does this mod do/add?

The SNES version of Civilization has become a bit of a fixture in your game-lists, lately! I assume that it's a good port, then?

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderNow for my bad joke of the week……
Q: What is the scariest plant in the rain forest???……..
A: Bam-BOO!…..
*ba dum.... tssssh…...*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I love it!
Xpander about 4 hours ago
Warhammer 40,000: Speed Freeks
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2078450/Warhammer_40000_Speed_Freeks/
Free to Play High-Octane Vehicular PvP Combat game. Has 2 gammodes (+1 special on weekend):
8 player teams delivering a spawned bomb to enemy stompa, while protecting theirs and capture the point with moving target.
Super fun game and full of action. Something different to all those shooter games also. Controls well. Looks good, Runs good. Sometimes on first launch you get EAC kicked out message, but requeue fixes it. Devs are aware of that problem. It sadly requires thirdparty PLAION account though. But lots of fun overall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvl2PXw_rqE

WRC Generations
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1953520/WRC_Generations__The_FIA_WRC_Official_Game/
Doing daily online events every day allmost.

Road to Vostok Public demo v2
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1963610/Road_to_Vostok/
Godot engine game thats developed by one person. Basically singleplayer Tarkov + STALKER. Its still basically a tech build, but core gameplay loop looks really solid. Enemy AI is pretty good also.

Last edited by Xpander on 5 October 2024 at 6:14 pm UTC
StoneColdSpider 26 minutes ago
Quoting: Pengling
My pick this weekend is DKC Mania, a ROM-hack of the first Donkey Kong Country for the SNES.

It's meant as something of a "remix" of the original game, but most of the time it's more like something completely new, with new level layouts along with changes to palettes and some enemy behaviours, which give everything a fresh coat of paint. The difficulty-curve is natural and professional, too, and it has the nice quality-of-life change of giving you infinite lives and not kicking you back to the map-screen if you die, so as not to break up the flow of the game. If you want more DKC, this is the hack for you.
It better include the DK C-Rap!.......

Quoting: Pengling
Also, during the week, I tried out the FUR Squadron Phoenix Demo, which is the sequel to one of my favourite indie games. I'm happy to report that it plays wonderfully, and improves upon the original in exactly the ways that I'd hoped for. I can't wait for the full release!
Damn furries.......

Quoting: PenglingHAPPY-DANCE!
Hes doing the happy dance while the guy behind him is crying.......

Quoting: PenglingOoh, that looks cool! What else does this mod do/add?
To many things to mention here..... Ill leave this link to the website that explains what it adds/fixes.......

Quoting: PenglingThe SNES version of Civilization has become a bit of a fixture in your game-lists, lately! I assume that it's a good port, then?
Its a very good port and is way better than it has any right to be........
They really put in a lot of time and effort when making it.......

Quoting: PenglingHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I love it!
How did I know you would love this one........

GOD DAMMIT PENGLING!.......
Dont think I did not notice the lack of screenshots from you this week....... Got sick of hearing "GOD DAMMIT PENGLING!!"???............
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.