Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Why sometimes piracy is justified?
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
Quoting: emphy
Quoting: BlackBloodRum
Quoting: emphyand so-called pirates become dicks who don't want to contribute, as opposed to clever consumers going for the superior products at lower prices.
Yeah, pirates are terrible people. Don't tolerate them, actually we should give them all the death sentence.

Great way of selectively quoting out of context, I applaud your great righteous misreading skills. ^_~
I was messing around and joking.
gaminrom a day ago
I don't think there is justified piracy, it's still piracy.
tfk about 7 hours ago
Well...I do have some boxed games and some of these are Games for Windows live games. Which require a connection to that service. Which isn't there anymore.

Same counts for some games which require activation via internet or phone.

But to be honest, I often grab the GOG version as it is convenient that way.

But it is comical that physical PS3 games often have a better chance of working than their PC counterparts.
robvv about 4 hours ago
As I often mention, the EU Piracy Displacement Study found that pirates actually have a bigger legitimate games collection, on average.

Of course the bigger publishers would rather that you didn't know that.
BlackBloodRum about 4 hours ago
Quoting: robvvAs I often mention, the EU Piracy Displacement Study found that pirates actually have a bigger legitimate games collection, on average.

Of course the bigger publishers would rather that you didn't know that.
I guess they didn't count me.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.