You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Weekend Players' Club 10/11/2024
StoneColdSpider a day ago
G'Day fellow tuxers……. Its Bruce your host here once again…….

[+..••] As for gaming this week in Emulationville I played [+..••]

Console

Gran Turisno 4 Spec II (2024 TheAdmiester) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Racing)
Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball 2024 (2024 Baron von Lector) - Super Nintendo Entertainment System - Sports (Baseball)
Madden NFL 2003 (2002 EA Sports) - Nintendo GameCube - Sports (Football)
Major League Baseball 2K6 (2006 2K Sports) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Baseball)
NASCAR: Dirt to Daytona (2002 Infogrames) – Nintendo GameCube - Sports (Racing)
PES 2008: Pro Evolution Soccer (2007 Konami) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Soccer)
World Soccer: Winning Eleven 6 Final Evolution (2003 Konami) Nintendo GameCube - Sports (Soccer)

The Road To PES Penguin 2008

The road to unlock the PES Penguin in Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 is at 250 PES points out of 5000……….

Other Screenshots……...

Madden NFL 2003 (2002 EA Sports) - Nintendo Gamecube - Sports (Football)

Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball 2024 (2024 Baron von Lector) - Super Nintendo Entertainment System - Sports (Baseball)

Gran Turismo 4 Spec II (2024 TheAdmiester) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Racing)

Major League Baseball 2K6 (2006 2K Sports) – Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Baseball)

World Soccer: Winning Eleven 6 Final Evolution (2003 Konami) Nintendo GameCube - Sports (Soccer)

NASCAR: Dirt to Daytona (2002 Infogrames) – Nintendo GameCube - Sports (Racing)

Well thats it from me…… Hope all you tuxers have a good week……

Now for my bad joke of the week……
I have two dogs named Rolex and Timex..... They are both watch dogs......
*ba dum.... tssssh…...*
Pengling a day ago

My pick this weekend is Bomberman Max: Red Challenger, for the Game Boy Colour. This is the alternate version of Bomberman Max: Blue Champion, which I played earlier in the year, where you play as the cyborg Max instead of Bomberman.

The game sees Bomberman and Max set out to rescue quirky collectible creatures called Charaboms from a star-system that's under threat, which is a dead giveaway that this is a game from 1999, when Pokemon was starting its meteoric rise.

Though Max's design is a bit busier than Bomberman's, therefore making his sprites a little less easy to read at a glance, this game still plays as great as the Bomberman-focussed version does, and that's all that I could want.

Quoting: StoneColdSpider
Major League Baseball 2K6 (2006 2K Sports) – Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Baseball)
Yikes! That's a screenshot straight out of the uncanny valley!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderNow for my bad joke of the week……
I have two dogs named Rolex and Timex..... They are both watch dogs......
*ba dum.... tssssh…...*
HAHAHAHAHA! You've outdone yourself, Spider - that one was great!
StoneColdSpider about 24 hours ago
Quoting: Pengling
GOD DAMMIT PENGLING!........

Quoting: PenglingBomberman Max: Red Challenger
GOD DAMMIT PENGLING!! x2........

Quoting: PenglingBomberman Max: Blue Champion
GOD DAMMIT PENGLING!!! x3.......

Quoting: PenglingBomberman
GOD DAMMIT PENLING!!!! x4.......

Quoting: Pengling
GOD DAMMIT PENGLING!!!!! x5........

Quoting: PenglingBomberman
GOD DAMMIT PENGLING!!!!!! x6........

Quoting: PenglingBomberman's
GOD DAMMIT PENGLING!!!!!!! x7.........

Quoting: PenglingBomberman-focussed
GOD DAMMIT PENGLING!!!!!!!! x8........

Quoting: PenglingYikes! That's a screenshot straight out of the uncanny valley!
He looks more like a mannequin than a human........

Quoting: PenglingHAHAHAHAHA! You've outdone yourself, Spider - that one was great!
Lets just say I know the formula..... The dumber the joke..... The more you like it.......
whizse about 4 hours ago
This week I played...

A Park Full of Cats, the latest instalment in the Full of Cats hidden object series. Very relaxing and amusing.

Spoiler alert? Too late? You already memorised the location of all the cats?

These games are technically freebies but I always end up buying the optional DLC. It's cheap, and I simply can't resist the cute developers. Seriously, there are pictures of the whole dev team WITHOUT ANY CLOTHES ON! That's how you sell video games!

Frog Detective 3: Corruption at Cowboy County, final game in this epic series. Amazing amount of twist and turns in this one, at least three credit sequences, the supervisor doing field work, your very own scooter!

You get to listen to some banging cowboy poetry...

...but not so banging as to make the poet above suspicion!

There will be no Frog Detective 4 but I hope the developer continues to make games in the same vein.

RACE 07
Another stellar classic driving sim from SimBin. So far I have mostly been doing hot laps in the rain. Great way to memorise the track layout and learn to be really smooth on brakes and throttle.

This game came recommended by someone whose virtual racing career is long and storied. He shall be rewarded with some horrible car puns:

What do you call a Spaniard who lost his car?
Carlos.

Run in front of a moving car, you'll get tired.
Run behind it, you just get exhausted!

Perhaps what's most impressive with the game (and the other SimBin titles) is that it is still for sale. Most old racing games featuring "real" cars are delisted when the licensing deals run out.

Not sure if they managed to negotiate some sort of in-perpetuity licensing deal, or if someone genuinely loves these games and uses all profit from current sales to renew?

Next week in gaming: Some light platforming, and I just might try a (non motor-sport) sports game!
Pengling about 2 hours ago
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderGOD DAMMIT PENGLING!........
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderGOD DAMMIT PENGLING!! x2........
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderGOD DAMMIT PENGLING!!! x3.......
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderGOD DAMMIT PENLING!!!! x4.......
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderGOD DAMMIT PENGLING!!!!! x5........
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderGOD DAMMIT PENGLING!!!!!! x6........
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderGOD DAMMIT PENGLING!!!!!!! x7.........
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderGOD DAMMIT PENGLING!!!!!!!! x8........
Man, Spider, you got withdrawal-symptoms real quick - I only dropped the other-games-I-played list last week!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderLets just say I know the formula..... The dumber the joke..... The more you like it.......
Yeah, that's pretty accurate.

Quoting: whizseThere will be no Frog Detective 4 but I hope the developer continues to make games in the same vein.
I absolutely loved the entire Frog Detective series, but I'm glad that they chose to end it on a high note, instead of running it into the ground.

Quoting: whizseWhat do you call a Spaniard who lost his car?
Carlos.
Oh goodness, that's one of the worst jokes I've heard lately, hahaha! That's right up there with some of Spider's Bad Joke of the Week entries!

Last edited by Pengling on 12 October 2024 at 8:59 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.