You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
error: unexpectedly disconnected from boot status demon
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
BlackBloodRum 3 days ago
Quoting: Cyba.CowboySorry, maybe I wasn't clear.

This is after my manufacturer logo and before I would normally input my disk encryption passphrase, prior to the operating system loading.
At this point, your kernel is already booting. Try an older kernel, new kernels can do strange things sometimes, so it is still a valid check assuming it's not hardware. Otherwise, the other posters options may help
Caldathras about 4 hours ago
Quoting: Cyba.Cowboyerror: unexpectedly disconnected from boot status demon
Not sure that I can contribute anything useful to resolving the original problem. I have generally avoided drive encryption exactly because of the potential for problems like this.

Quoting: whizseIt would be interesting to run some SMART checks on the drive and see if you can unlock and mount it from a live USB. Not really sure what tools would be best for that on Pop_OS?
When I had boot issues with my Pop!_OS installation, I was able to use my MintStick (Linux Mint live USB) to troubleshoot and fix the problem. The Mint Team always includes a number of very useful tools for troubleshooting problems on their live USB. In this case, perhaps Disks or GParted might help where SMART data is concerned?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.