Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition - GOG Problms
tkonicz Jun 4, 2015
Hello,

I cant get Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition to install or to save properly on my Linux Mint System. When I use the start.sh script after unpacking the tarball, the game starts, but I cannot save any games - the game crashes then. while starting Icewindle executalte in the "game" folder, the game complains about missing libs - which are in fact installed!
Any ideas how to fix it?

greetings, tom
Avehicle7887 Jun 4, 2015
Hi Tom,

The libraries: Some libraries are included with the game, when you start it using the start.sh script it loads them with it and as such the game runs. On the other hand it doesn't run when you try to run the executable directly from the 'game' folder because the start.sh script contents aren't active.

If you still wish to run from the game folder though, create an empty file in the 'game' folder and add the 3 lines below:

#!/bin/bash
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="../lib"
./IcewindDale

Savegames: on my end it's working fine, saving doesn't crash the game in both the normal game and the expansion. Can you run the game from the terminal, try to save, let it crash and send me the terminal output log.
tkonicz Jun 5, 2015
Hi,
my mistake, I manged to solve the problem. First time, I started the "start.sh" script with the sudo-command, because I thought this was an installation.script. Hence, the savgame-folder in .local/share/ had sudo-rights, and the game was not able to save there, when I started it as a normal user. I just hat to change the rights of the folder with the chmod command.

Greetins, tom
Avehicle7887 Jun 5, 2015
Glad you solved the issue :-) Thanks for the update.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.