You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Game screen shots take 2!
Page: «6/8»
  Go to:
Hamish Apr 11, 2012
While waiting for Trine 2 to download (and it is still going to be awhile yet) I finally won my game of Ultimate Doom:

[ATTACH=full]345[/ATTACH]

"BESIDES, SOMEONE WAS GONNA PAY FOR WHAT HAPPENED TO DAISY, YOUR PET RABBIT." :D
Brandon Smith Apr 11, 2012
Oh man DOOM, one of the best games ever made!
MaximB Apr 16, 2012
I remember almost finishing Doom2 without cheats (went to level30 and then stuck as I didn't really know what to do at the time).
Hamish Apr 16, 2012
Well, I have gotten to Level 11 at the momment. Would have gotten further if I did not stop to play Trine 2.

Need to start playing that again and see if I can beat your record. ;)
MaximB Apr 18, 2012
Quoting: "Hamish, post: 4073, member: 6"Well, I have gotten to Level 11 at the momment. Would have gotten further if I did not stop to play Trine 2.

Need to start playing that again and see if I can beat your record. ;)

I've reached the fore breathing snake boss now, didn't give it much time but trying to figure out how to kill it.
But it seems like "life" if not an issue - it's to find the trick on how to win.

And you seems to gain XP much slower in Trine2 than in Trine1 .

Also, I almost never finish games - for some reason I just get bored in the middle ;)
Thats why I'm addicted to Heroes of Newerth - can finish the game in 15-60 minutes (before I get bored).
Hamish Apr 18, 2012
I was actually referring to Doom II there, but anyway... :rolleyes:

I actually do think that many games (not Trine 2 at any rate...) are a tad too long or drawn out, but not because I get bored but because I feel they throw off the dramatic tension or storyflow.

I know when most people open their wallets they are comparing price/gameplay hours, but to me that is being a bit narrowminded. I would rather have a fully realized experience, and that includes proper timing. Maybe these kind of games need a director?

Just my two cents, as it were.
Brandon Smith Apr 18, 2012
I'm at "The Citadel" level myself ;) (in DOOM II) I think it's one of the last ones, but so many teleporters, always gets me confused.
Rustybolts Jun 14, 2012
[ATTACH=full]351[/ATTACH]
Whos your daddy? (seriously 83 deaths in one room, surprised my laptop never got threw through a window)
Hamish Aug 2, 2012
Who needs Left 4 Dead 2 when we can already battle zombies in Apocalypse Weekend? :p

[ATTACH]385[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]386[/ATTACH]

The sledgehammer in this also looks a lot nicer than the one in Serious Sam 3, but I digress.
Rustybolts Aug 28, 2012
Brogue

Quaffed an unknown potion, turned out it was a potion of descent, so i fell through a level and look where I landed. Right next to a pool of lava, close shave! :oops:
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.