Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
No Man's Space - An action platformer
gml Jun 19, 2015
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, if the topic isn't in the right category please tell me.

It's a little bit early now, but I will be looking for some Linux beta testers. I'm developing a game, just a hobby to learn how to make a game from scratch. I work exclusively on Linux, with Python and OpenGL, Gimp and Inkscape, and no engine.

It's a 2D action platformer, with guns, spaceships and multiple planets. A single-player/coop campaign, versus mode and other mini-modes (I really want an online multiplayers, coop and PVP, but it will be later).

The game looks like this :

Here is a short video of the wave mode :

View video on youtube.com

I work on it on my spare time (week-end and sometime the evening), so the dev is quite slow (my 10 months daughter isn't really helping :p). Currently I'm trying to gather features to package a small demo, I hope to release it this month or maybe the next. But for "privates" beta (alpha ?) testers, maybe I could ship it earlier.

The current state :

- 1 player with keyboard or gamepad
- 2 players with gamepads (tested with DualShock 4)
- primitive versus mode
- coop mode for adventure or wave mode
- 1 kind of enemy (sort of ninja) which throws shuriken, jumps, avoids your bullet and teleports on you
- primitive menu
- work with any resolution windowed (if your computer can handle it) and almost any in fullscreen
- primitive map editor

I dev on a laptop with an i5 2430m and an Intel HD3000. The game is smooth at 60fps (vsync).

Are some of you interested ?

The indiedb link : No Man's Space

Guillaume
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.