Games currently working with the Steam Controller.
slaapliedje Oct 17, 2015
So, I thought I'd start a thread about which games people have been able to get working with the controller.

Granted, I understand that not that many people have pre-ordered it, but at least this could give us an understanding of which ones work, and which ones need to be fixed. I'll start off with the ones I've tested so far.

Chaos Engine : Use keyboard / Mouse template and it works Has a launcher, so may be listed as not SteamOS now?
Superfrog HD: Controller works in the menus, just not within game. Odd, since the Xbox 360 controller works fine.
Mark of the Ninja: Works with 'Recommended', pretty much out of the box.
Escape Goat: Didn't work, even though it supports the xbox 360 controller.
ricki42 Oct 20, 2015
Quoting: slaapliedjeMark of the Ninja: Works with 'Recommended', pretty much out of the box.

Interesting. I've had problems with that game, the button mapping was all messed up. According to the controller configuration (default gamepad), x and right grip should be the same, but they do different things in game. Left and right trigger switch between dagger and firecracker, which should be d-pad. When I bring up the in-game control settings, it opens the keyboard bindings, and I have to use the right pad as mouse + trigger as left click to get back out of the menu.

Games I've tried that worked:
Assault Android Cactus: Witchbeam even made a custom configuration
Bioshock Infinite: worked, but I couldn't hit anything, need more practice...
La-Mulana: works
Broforce: works
Portal 2: native support
Geometry Wars 3: initially fooled me by not taking any input from the controller. But after disconnecting my DS4 it worked.
slaapliedje Oct 20, 2015
Odd, the D-Pad was switching between dagger (up) and Firecracker (left) for me.

Just tried Another World, and it crashed on me before I could get in the game (menu starts). Also tried Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together, first one wouldn't even launch, and Together would sit on 'Logging in' so todays testing hasn't gone very well!

I have a huge library of Linux games, one of the biggest things I've really ran into with compatibility is my three monitors, some games just don't like them, or ignore them completely.
ricki42 Oct 20, 2015
Quoting: slaapliedjeOdd, the D-Pad was switching between dagger (up) and Firecracker (left) for me.

That's how it works for me using a Logitech F710. Do you have xboxdrv installed? Maybe that fixes it?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.