Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Borderlands 2 crashing with controller
Liam Dawe Nov 8, 2015
I can't remember what the fix was as it's been so long, but on Ubuntu if you're using a gamepad Borderlands 2 will crash pretty hard. I think it was something todo with xpad and rumble, but could someone remind me what it was?
StianTheDark Nov 8, 2015
It's fine on Arch.
Liam Dawe Nov 8, 2015
Incredibly helpful, thanks.
Slackdog Nov 8, 2015
What gamepad? I can try with my 360 pad - but it's your fault if I don't get to come back :P
Xpander Nov 8, 2015
if i remember correctly there are 2 drivers for xbox360 controller.. xboxdrv and some other?
one of them had issues with UE3 Games.
i can be wrong though ...i dont use controllers myself
ricki42 Nov 9, 2015
Any specific situations where it would crash? I'm on Ubuntu 15.10, I just tried both with a Logitech F710 and with a Dualshock 4, both worked, both had rumble when shooting. I didn't test extensively though, just started the game, ran around a bit, and fired a few rounds.
Liam Dawe Nov 9, 2015
This is with the Logitech F310, so it doesn't have rumble.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.