7 days to die on Linux
FiBu Dec 5, 2015
Hi all,
I want to buy 7 days to die on linux but I don't know how this game runs on it now. Is this game working smooth on linux? Alpha 13 update looks awesome but will it even launch on linux?
Liam Dawe Dec 5, 2015
It's truly terrible.
FiBu Dec 5, 2015
Oh,ok then. Thanks anyway.I will probably buy zomboid instead.
sigz Dec 8, 2015
30 fps only ?
Xpander Dec 8, 2015
it works pretty good now with the updated unity 5 (at least i think they updated, cause it looks better and performs nicely)
havent had time to play it much though.. played it about 45 hours like 3 major patches ago..back then perf was around 30-40fps only..now its around 60 fps and looks a lot nicer.

i got GTX 970
Liam Dawe Dec 8, 2015
Quoting: TheReaperUKI do not agree, It is better then most unity engine games and still being an Alpha it's darn good, I do only play it Single player as i like to feel like the only person alive, also i like the fact that if like me your not really into crafting then on single player you can cheat and just press a key to access all objects/Guns/Foods/Clothing/Building blocks/Etc, Frame rate is'nt that bad and its very configable so graphics detail/effects and view distance can be changed for better frames per second.
<snip>

I have to disagree. The developers and their moderating crew have proven time and time again they don't care about us or the Linux version (do a 7 days to die search on gol's article to see what I mean).

The game performs terribly even on my Nvidia 970, the graphics are pretty bad, and I'm not a graphics junky since I love stuff like Starbound. There's no overall style to the graphics, they just put in whatever they think looks good.
The UI is also along those lines, it looks naff.
Liam Dawe Dec 9, 2015
Like I said, search through my previous articles on it, and I stand by it being a terrible game from an idiotic developer with moronic forum moderators.

I also stated my other reasons in my post.
Crazy Penguin Dec 9, 2015
Quoting: TheBossLike I said, search through my previous articles on it, and I stand by it being a terrible game from an idiotic developer with moronic forum moderators.

Agreed! But that doesn't make the game terrible. The game itself runs very well, even on my old machine with an 8800 GTX. Which makes me wonder which problems you might have with your 970.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.