Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Linux Gaming for 2016?
wolfyrion Jan 2, 2016
So I was browsing an article today on PC Gamer about the top upcoming games for 2016 and was wondering which games are we going to get this year for Linux...

http://www.pcgamer.com/best-pc-games-2016/

Well to be honest I am worried a bit because many developers are not willing to port their games to Linux and this will have a negative feedback.
A passionate gamer with games like Fallout 4 , GTA V and many others + the upcoming games for 2016 I dont think they will ever gonna try to boot into a Linux Machine. I mean there is no real reason for them since they will not be able to play their favorite games.

Anyway lets hope that a lot of things will change in 2016 and VULKAN API will bring many surprises.
oldrocker99 Jan 3, 2016
Well, Torment:Tides of Numenera will definitely come out for Linux, and I would expect that The Banner Saga 2, Dwarves for sure, and, I am confident, several (or more than several) games on this list will come out for Linux; I'm noticing a few games that have come out with Linux versions before Mac versions (is the humble Bundle phenomenon influencing devs?)!
Shmerl Jan 3, 2016
Indeed, Torment Tides of Numenera is a big anticipated title. Underworld Ascendant is also supposed to be released in 2016. Another one is Shadow Warrior 2. Witcher 3 is a remote possibility, but I wouldn't bet on it.
pete910 Jan 7, 2016
Descent: Underground is already on linux, admittedly early access .
Yes I know, I backed it.

Star Citizen too, though not likely in 2016 for win either.
Yes, I know. Backed that too. There the only ones though!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.