Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Vote for the Linux version of Dying Light on GOG, please.
Comandante Ñoñardo Mar 17, 2016
Im not sure if The boss accept this kind of post, but, Can You vote in the wishlist for the Linux version of Dying Light on GOG? :)
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/linux_version_of_dying_light

Is very sad how we are treated by GOG recently... :><:
s8as8a Mar 19, 2016
I added my vote. :)
GustyGhost Mar 19, 2016
There are so many games on GOG which have Linux ports everywhere else... except GOG.
Plintslîcho Mar 19, 2016
Quoting: AnxiousInfusionThere are so many games on GOG which have Linux ports everywhere else... except GOG.

Exactly.

I have long given up on them, hoping that they might become an alternative to Steam when it comes to Linux games and only buy Linux games from GOG.com when they aren't available anywhere else DRM free.
Shmerl Mar 21, 2016
Voted. I suspect it's the lack of Galaxy support that delays it.
manero666 Mar 30, 2016
i voted for it but i'm not going to buy from gog anymore.
they just don't care about linux users, they didn't even wrote 2 notes on why the game is not there for linux too.

first i'm a linux user than a gamer, so i just prefer who suits both my passions, gog clearly isn't for me.

also, i'm waiting the day that someone will explain me how can someone be a hardcore drm-free supporter while using window$10, until that day my mind can't even conceive how that is possible...

anyway i hope the best for gog and the gog-linux users, it's always good to have choices and gog is a good one (but not for me...)
PublicNuisance Apr 1, 2016
Quoting: manero666i voted for it but i'm not going to buy from gog anymore.
they just don't care about linux users, they didn't even wrote 2 notes on why the game is not there for linux too.

first i'm a linux user than a gamer, so i just prefer who suits both my passions, gog clearly isn't for me.

also, i'm waiting the day that someone will explain me how can someone be a hardcore drm-free supporter while using window$10, until that day my mind can't even conceive how that is possible...

anyway i hope the best for gog and the gog-linux users, it's always good to have choices and gog is a good one (but not for me...)

There are also many Linux games that are on GOG. I have a hard time believeing it is solely GOG's fault that there are games that have Linux versions elsewhere but not on GOG. It seems much more likely that it is the fault of the publisher or developer as they have control over what versions they give to GOG. I am not saying GOG has no blame at all but to boycot their site, refusing to buy what DRM free Linux games they do have seems illogical. At the end of the day neither Warner Bros, Techland or GOG have the guts to actually say what the reasoning behind the Linux version being witheld is.

Also I happily threw my vote in. I was very excited to see Dying Light hit GOG and infuriated to see just the Windows version on there. Not shocked mind you, just infuriated.
tuubi Apr 1, 2016
One factor that might contribute are the rather strict tests and QA a game is put through before it's allowed on GOG. I don't own Dying Light, but from all the GOL articles detailing bugs and performance problems I can see how that would make a release more difficult. I get why the developer might want to keep a lid on it if this was the reason.
PublicNuisance Apr 1, 2016
Quoting: Guest
Quoting: ShmerlVoted. I suspect it's the lack of Galaxy support that delays it.

I think that's it

GOG already confirmed a Linux version of Galaxy but still no definite date

A Linux version of our client is planned eventually, but we don't have an expected release date right now. Stay tuned for future announcements!
https://www.gog.com/galaxy

If that is indeed the case I am even angrier as I don't use Galaxy and don't play multiplayer.
manero666 Apr 4, 2016
Quoting: PublicNuisanceThere are also many Linux games that are on GOG. I have a hard time believeing it is solely GOG's fault that there are games that have Linux versions elsewhere but not on GOG. It seems much more likely that it is the fault of the publisher or developer as they have control over what versions they give to GOG. I am not saying GOG has no blame at all but to boycot their site, refusing to buy what DRM free Linux games they do have seems illogical. At the end of the day neither Warner Bros, Techland or GOG have the guts to actually say what the reasoning behind the Linux version being witheld is.

Also I happily threw my vote in. I was very excited to see Dying Light hit GOG and infuriated to see just the Windows version on there. Not shocked mind you, just infuriated.

Ok maybe i was a bit hard, and looks like I'm boycotting them.

actually i just don't buy from them because i extremely need cloud savings; i build used pcs and the idea that i have to carry around save-files here and there looks like a nightmare.
i know that you can manage to upload a file on a cloud and somehow fix this problem but steam has it all there up and working.

I'm heavily upset that they didn't even wrote a line on how there is no Linux version available, what they were expecting from the Linux community there?
I didn't like their attitude in this occasion, they can't avoid to tell us why something is missing there.

sure we can Nostradamus all the mysterious possibilities behind this lack of Linux version, but an official statement would've been the least from them.

just 4 words > "Linux version coming soon"

you know what I think? Linux is a pain in the
Spoiler, click me
ass
for them, maybe they can't set up a client or there is just not so many people asking for games (= no money). with that attitude you know that you are going to upset people, if they do so, they maybe also want to have less Linux users (= less pain there for gog)

I don't think Warner Bros is involved at all here, and I'm pretty sure that Techland would like to have some more sale for a port that they have invested for (time if not money, as it's an internal port).

anyway i can't buy it also on steam as i currently live in Germany ahaha
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.