Shitty Dying Light performance
StianTheDark Mar 17, 2016
Is there any way to improve Dying Light performance? It's awful. When inside and looking at the floor, I sometimes get over 60. But when outside and doing shit, it drops to 40 and it's very noticeable.
Liam Dawe Mar 17, 2016
Not really, i get similar on a 980ti.
Liam Dawe Mar 17, 2016
I take it you turn down the view distance to zero? It doesn't really change anything looks wise, but the game performs better with it down.
StianTheDark Mar 17, 2016
I have a good processor and a 970. Thanks, I'll turn down the view distance.
Xpander Mar 17, 2016
i cant remember having this, it was over 60 most of the time(havent played lately though), but with rare drops to 50 ...but yeah view distance was turned down and blur stuff off. rest maxed on 970 and AMD FX-8320
Mountain Man Mar 18, 2016
Quoting: TheBossI take it you turn down the view distance to zero? It doesn't really change anything looks wise, but the game performs better with it down.
Yes, view distance was the biggest performance killer for me. Also turning off certain post processing effects like motion blur (which I hate anyway) and film grain helped smooth things out for me.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.