Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Arma 3 free weekend!
pete910 May 13, 2016
Downloaded to see what it's like on linux with an AMD card also to see if it would let me being on linux :S:

I know its a VP port but tbh it dont run bad. Been doing the campaign and so far seems solid. though it's only using 1 core like many other games seem to :(

Currently have it set on high @ 1440p averaging around the mid 70's. This is on the 15.12 prop driver on a 290x.

Anyone else had/having a go?
TheRiddick May 14, 2016
The game has cpu core load problems under Windows also, it has been improved.

Wondering how this game runs under Oibaf and my AMD 390x. I can't use the cat/crim drivers, not worth the downgrade.

There was a problem with it crashing when near land masses with the open drivers, but long time since last tested.
Samsai May 14, 2016
Quoting: TheRiddickThe game has cpu core load problems under Windows also, it has been improved.

Wondering how this game runs under Oibaf and my AMD 390x. I can't use the cat/crim drivers, not worth the downgrade.

There was a problem with it crashing when near land masses with the open drivers, but long time since last tested.
I tried it on my R7 370 with Oibaf and it worked fine. Some areas are a bit sluggish but the forest and other more open areas seem to perform okay-ish on low-med settings.
burnall May 14, 2016
Wait, does it work better with Oibaf than with Padoka drivers? I'm using Padoka, and I have also tried Oibaf drivers and I get like 5 to 10 fps better in general with Padoka. Also Padoka has Opnegl 4.2, while Obiaf is at 4.1.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.