Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Quadrant Released on Steam
edencorbin Jul 18, 2016
I wanted to thank a number of forum users for helping test the Linux version. Were happy to announce we just released Quadrant on Linux. To celebrate were running our biggest discount yet. Check it out, and if anybody has any thoughts/comments, we always appreciate feedback/community.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/365320/
darkszluf Jul 20, 2016
Congratulations!
PublicNuisance Jul 21, 2016
Quoting: edencorbinI wanted to thank a number of forum users for helping test the Linux version. Were happy to announce we just released Quadrant on Linux. To celebrate were running our biggest discount yet. Check it out, and if anybody has any thoughts/comments, we always appreciate feedback/community.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/365320/

Congrats. Looks like an interesting game. Any plans for a DRM free version ?
edencorbin Jul 21, 2016
Quoting: PublicNuisanceCongrats. Looks like an interesting game. Any plans for a DRM free version ?

Thanks, I hope you give it a try. We didn't implement DRM per say, but now that I think about it, the only issue with attempting to launch without Steam / purchased copy is the integration with Steam achievements. It wouldn't be hard to make a DRM free version without these achievements, we would just need a worthwhile reason/way to distribute that I guess.

Cheers,
Redface Jul 21, 2016
Thanks for the Linux port, I took the chance I will like it with the discount now.

Its cool from what I have seen, but I have not played that much yet.

That said I have some issues.

It does not recognize my steam controller as controller. With the recommended template "Gamepad with camera controls" I cant get past the initial settings screen,because it does not recognize a mouseclick.
I can change settings and start playing with the template "Keyboard (WASD) and Mouse" at least.

In the game there is a setting for controllers. When I select that it asks if I want to erase all data instead, so looks like it selects next setting instead where that option should be.

And finally is it possible to save the settings so you dont have to select resolution etc again every time you start?
PublicNuisance Jul 22, 2016
Quoting: edencorbin
Quoting: PublicNuisanceCongrats. Looks like an interesting game. Any plans for a DRM free version ?

Thanks, I hope you give it a try. We didn't implement DRM per say, but now that I think about it, the only issue with attempting to launch without Steam / purchased copy is the integration with Steam achievements. It wouldn't be hard to make a DRM free version without these achievements, we would just need a worthwhile reason/way to distribute that I guess.

Cheers,

As to a way to distribute DRM free I could suggest GOG, Gamersgate, Itch.io, Humble Store, etc. I'm not sure how the achievments factor in, I am one of the few out there who don't care about them one bit. Well as for a worthwhile reason to release a DRM free version I really can't force my own views on you. I am someone who wants to feel like they actually owns my games. If GOG were to go out of business or ban my account tomorrow I have a backup copy of my games on an a secondary hard drive, a file server and soon to be cloud storage. Short of a house fire I'm good and could keep playing my games. Steam can't offer me that. People can argue that Steam allows me to play a game offline but I still have to login to play as well as be online any time I want to download the game.

That's just my two cents. Best of uck either way.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.