Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Flash for Linux about to die...
Liam Dawe Feb 23, 2012
Okay so it won't die but Adobe plan to only support Flash in Chrome after their next release 11.2.

Anyone care?

I hope HTML5 video will properly take off.
Hamish Feb 23, 2012
I do not have Flash installed at the momment. I was using Gnash for a while, but now I am just using WebM video through Firefox (since Chromium has HTML5 disabled unfortunately).

Though, saying they will only support Flash in Chrome is not quite right - they are just moving it to the PPAPI implementation, which only Google wants to support. Plus Adobe will continue to maintain the 11.2 release of Flash for the next five years anyway.

I still mostly just grab my videos through a downloadeder, even though we have finally been able to get unlimited internet, when the lack of which was why I started the practice. I just find it more convenient, and most videos I watch I usually want to see more than once.
Liam Dawe Feb 26, 2012
Yeah they will support 11.2 which is nice but firefox and the others have now plans to pick up the API Flash is going to use. So you will only get Flash on Linux after those 5 years are up in Chrome....

But hey who the hell knows what can happen in 5 years ^_^, hopefully HTML5 will be much wider supported.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.