Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Naught naught tuxplay!
Liam Dawe Mar 1, 2012
A polish (i think) gaming website has been spotted poaching an image from a news post of ours, so not only did they get the news from us, they even poached our image.

When i say poached ours i mean literally, the image they are using is hosted by us, cheeky gits!

http://www.tuxplay.pl/newsy/nadchodzi-amnesia-a-machine-for-pigs/

Have a look at the image, hover over it and see the url the image points to....tut tut.

Edit > I replaced the image with a nice message hehe. For those that miss it when they eventually realise i'm onto them here's an image.
[ATTACH]330[/ATTACH]

Ps. For the record if they had not blatently got the news from us, stolen our image, hotlinked directly to us to steal bandwith and not credited us at all...then i would be happy to let them use it.
Brandon Smith Mar 2, 2012
Sites do this all the time, although they should have given you credit.
skoruppa Mar 2, 2012
Hi there. I'm the creator of "Tuxplay" and I think that I should to apologize for this news...

To tell the truth, from couple of months I don't have time to do anything on my website so I decided to introduce a "brilliant idea" that every user with one or more accepted news can publish on frontpage by themselves - not very clever as you can see...
Maybe i have some additional news from them but their quality is bad (news without source or credits?..)

So it looks like i have to start maintaining it again (or just close it :p that would be a lot simpler ;) )
Liam Dawe Mar 2, 2012
Thank you for letting us know.

I just found it very cheeky on the blatent ripping of our article to the point they author even used and hotlinked our image and didn't credit us.
whizse Mar 2, 2012
Good to see that it was an honest mistake.

Hotlinking is bad, but it's does provide a fun way to retort. I once created a military/camouflage style wallpaper for the Debian "Sarge" release. It was hotlinked by someone who thought it made a nice background for their MySpace page. A page which largely involved posing with big guns and knives.

I immediately replaced the image with one of bunnies and kittens :p
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.