Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Wargame - European Escalation on Linux Works again on NVIDIA
Dax Tailor Sep 10, 2016
This morning I was going through my Steam Linux games list and there was "Wargame - European Escalation". I bought the game years ago, I think it was before Steam was on Linux. It is from 2012. Never played it though.
But today I thought why not give it a try again. The game works fine expect this graphic problems made it unplayable. Flickering triangles all over the screen.
Checking the Steam forum, there was a long thread complaining about this. But it looks like the NVIDIA driver is responsible for the problem. I had the 361.x version, the one that was installed with Linux Mint 18. The game worked fine with 340.x, according to the forum posts. Updating the driver to a never Version solved the problem. Now I'm running 370.28 and I have the impression that it is a little bit faster on the desktop (firefox) then before. Not sure thats relay the case though.
manero666 Sep 10, 2016
I tried this game twice:
- the first time I had no graphical issues but I was using a low-end PC, so I didn't play much (can't remember if it was with AMD or Nvidia),
- the second time was not so long ago (1-2 months) on Nvidia and I had all these triangles and stuff coming from the sky eheheh, I think it was a 36x.x driver

EDIT: the errors are still there using AMDGPU + mesa 12.0.2
View video on youtube.com
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.