DRM Free The Stanley Parable? (YES)
Hamish Nov 25, 2016
So Humble Store claims to have a DRM Free build of The Stanley Parable for Linux:
QuoteThe Stanley Parable is provided via Steam key for Linux, Mac, and Windows and is also provided DRM-free for Windows, Mac, and Linux. For key redemption, a free Steam account is required.
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/the-stanley-parable

Given that I have not seen any other mention of a DRM Free build outside of a possible IndieBox release I am highly skeptical of this, and would like some confirmation before buying. Sale ends in three days.
PublicNuisance Nov 26, 2016
Quoting: HamishSo Humble Store claims to have a DRM Free build of The Stanley Parable for Linux:
QuoteThe Stanley Parable is provided via Steam key for Linux, Mac, and Windows and is also provided DRM-free for Windows, Mac, and Linux. For key redemption, a free Steam account is required.
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/the-stanley-parable

Given that I have not seen any other mention of a DRM Free build outside of a possible IndieBox release I am highly skeptical of this, and would like some confirmation before buying. Sale ends in three days.

Just confirmed it for you. It's a legit DRM free download. I enjoyed it on Steam so it's nice to have a DRM free copy.
Hamish Nov 26, 2016
Cheers PublicNuisance. I have seen things mislabelled before, but I am glad to see that my skepticism was unwarranted in this case. I'll go buy it then.
Mountain Man Nov 26, 2016
I got this game for free, and I still felt ripped off. It's a novel experiment in game design but a terrible game
PublicNuisance Nov 26, 2016
Quoting: Mountain ManI got this game for free, and I still felt ripped off. It's a novel experiment in game design but a terrible game

It was not quite what I expected but at the same time I can't call it bad. I think it was interesting regardless.

Also for anyone interested the same people who made The Stanley Parable also seem to have a connection with The Beginner's Guide which has a DRM free version as well as Steam and is on sale.
tuubi Nov 26, 2016
Quoting: PublicNuisanceAlso for anyone interested the same people who made The Stanley Parable also seem to have a connection with The Beginner's Guide which has a DRM free version as well as Steam and is on sale.
Both games are by the same guy, Davey Wreden, and the concept is quite similar. It's an experimental interactive narrative experience that either makes you think or bores you to death. Don't expect a game in the traditional sense.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.