You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Icons on Desktop
Vuko2000 Dec 12, 2016
Hi I think its my last problem with Ubuntu. I have few Icons on the Desktop dont know why sometime they look normal and sometime they are white and dont whant to activate.

I puted Print Screen now haw can u see Icons are white
damarrin Dec 14, 2016
Can you define "sometimes"? In other screenshots you put on here you had a different wallpaper. Is this a different user account where icons are white and don't work?
Xpander Dec 14, 2016
my guess is that those games are installed onto the other HDD/partition that isn't automatically mounted at the startup
Vuko2000 Dec 15, 2016
Quoting: damarrinCan you define "sometimes"? In other screenshots you put on here you had a different wallpaper. Is this a different user account where icons are white and don't work?

Its the same but I installed again system. I thought it will help but no it dosent :p I have turned on automaticly mounted disk but it dont help.
damarrin Dec 16, 2016
Maybe you installed the games using sudo? Did you check if the shortcuts have exexute permissions?
Vuko2000 Dec 16, 2016
Shortcuts works fine. they have all permissions. What I did even I pluged manualy .png Icons from game nothing helped. Its so annoying.
Vuko2000 Dec 16, 2016
One more Info When i Use ubuntu Search Icon "Search Pc" Icons are normal.
Xpander Dec 17, 2016
No idea really.. seems nobody else has experienced this also. Might want to try to post on Ubuntu Forums maybe?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.