Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
"The Guardians Best Games of 2017 (so far)"
detrout Jul 13, 2017
I think this was the first time I've seen Linux listed on their list of best games -- and there's 3 games available for linux now, and I thought there's a chance a couple more of the games might be ported.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/jun/27/the-best-video-games-of-2017-so-far-nintendo-switch-playstation-ps4-pc-zelda

This seems especially impressive to me since several other titles were console exclusives.

(I just wanted to share because I was so surprised)
Xpander Jul 13, 2017
Hitman is also on linux. Somehow not listed there
detrout Jul 13, 2017
Quoting: XpanderHitman is also on linux. Somehow not listed there

I thought it had been ported, but I wasn't sure if the all of "the complete first season" had been ported
Liam Dawe Jul 13, 2017
Quoting: detrout
Quoting: XpanderHitman is also on linux. Somehow not listed there

I thought it had been ported, but I wasn't sure if the all of "the complete first season" had been ported
The whole of the first season was ported to Linux, not just one part of it. Odd The Guardian missed that, but what can you expect from a non-gaming site.
detrout Jul 13, 2017
FWIW they do have a dedicated Gaming section in their arts section which is something I haven't really seen from other newspapers. (though it looks like the gaming heading is the first one eaten by a narrow browser window.)

I do hope this means the possibility of using Linux for gaming is breaking further into mainstream awareness.
detrout Jul 13, 2017
One other thing I checked The Guardian's 10 Best Games of 2016 list and Linux is definitely not listed, and the game I was most familiar with, Stardew Valley had been ported ported long before they'd written that article.

They switched from "PC" to specifically listing Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, and Linux as appropriate
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.