Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Need testers for Linux version of my game
Lautaro Oct 26, 2017
Hi

My name is Jorge and I made a game called Beastmancer, a monster tamer tactical RPG. I put it on Steam for PC and Mac and now that I'm done with the critical patches I want to add a Linux version but I need testers (5 testers would be nice) before uploading the build and make it available for purchase.

Maybe someone remembers me from before, I made a little crappy game called Nomad Fleet (my first serious project) and asked for testers here too.

Tell me if you are interested and I'll send you a PM with a key and instructions. Please don't ask me for a key if you won't have the time to test the game, I always get a few people that take their key and run (in other forums at least).

Regards and thanks for your time!
Ben D Oct 27, 2017
I'd be interested. Won't be able to try it out today, as I've got a test to study for, but tonight/tomorrow I can take a look.
Guppy Oct 27, 2017
If you have specific tests in mind I can help you out - a generic "play the game and see if any errors occurs" is a bit more time than I can spare.
g000h Oct 27, 2017
Happy to volunteer. Presumably you'd expect some regular game-play and a report of findings emailed back to you, particularly highlighting any crashes and where/how they occurred.
Lautaro Oct 27, 2017
Messages sent.

Quoting: GuppyIf you have specific tests in mind I can help you out - a generic "play the game and see if any errors occurs" is a bit more time than I can spare.

I don't have specific tests in mind, I just need people to play as much as they want (not that I have any control over what you'll do with the key anyway) and report any problems. I'm pretty sure the game should work normally though, this is a last minute test just to be sure.
herycp Oct 28, 2017
Happy to volunteer TOO
Liam Dawe Oct 28, 2017
Ooo interested ;)

I will also give it a shout in an article later, sounds awesome.
fredebec Oct 29, 2017
I you are still looking for some testers, I am happy to volunteer.
Adam_eM Oct 29, 2017
Oh cool, looks nice. I could also give it a spin if you want.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.